mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Ryan Lesley"

Posted on: February 03, 2009 @ 03:55 AM
KyleB
Total Posts:  2722
Joined  12-03-2002

i put this back up because i really wanted you guys to check this out and all his videos on song writing.

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd4h8xSKpCg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd4h8xSKpCg [/url]

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 04, 2009 @ 04:03 AM
KyleB
Joined  12-03-2002

Re: Ryan Lesley

wow, no comments ?? maybe it’s the millions he’s made from this unusual technique is not inspiring for this website....

sorry....

back to our uninspiring regularly scheduled broadcast…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 04, 2009 @ 04:37 AM
mo-z
Total Posts:  724
Joined  11-18-2005

Don’t apologize.  I just didn’t find his video all that instructive for what I do. We all have our own processes.  It’s obvious that Ryan has found his formula and is exploiting it for profit. Bravo! I never fault a cat for making a living and exploiting his talents.
Just remember that for every cat like Ryan who makes it, there are a ten other guys that are just as good as, or even better than him, just waiting in the wings for their turn in the limelight. 
BTW, my trumpet playing friend was horrified that Ryan would commit such a horrible tone to a track like that----you’d figure that a millionaire would hire the best trumpet player he could.  But hey, he’s your hero, that’s cool.  Peace.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 04, 2009 @ 04:49 AM
KyleB
Joined  12-03-2002

not my hero just an inspiration. maybe i’m just venting a little. i think it has more to do with the genre of music than his style.

the more things change, the more they stay the same....

thanks for the point of view....

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 04, 2009 @ 06:54 AM
MoGut
Total Posts:  1535
Joined  05-08-2004

the more things change, the more they stay the same....

beat making hasnt changed. been the same since 87. ZZZZzzzzzz

I’d still rather listen to the pioneers than the stuff today. But im old school

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 04, 2009 @ 08:35 AM
KyleB
Joined  12-03-2002

that’s probably the problem with this producer and this post. they defy all the general rules of musicianship. i’m flexible and can go either way.

make money or make friends ? it’s a no brainer
/forums/images/icons/smile.gif alt= /forums/images/icons/smile.gif alt=

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 04, 2009 @ 12:37 PM
mo-z
Joined  11-18-2005

With money comes more friends than you can handle.  Don’t get me wrong, Kyle, I’m not hatin’.  What you call technique, I recognize as a process---I sometimes do the same exact thing when forming grooves, so I didn’t see anything new for me in the video. 
If anything, I would have liked to have seen a video of him before he had a studio and was struggling in a basement. THAT would be educational and informative for cats who are coming up and need to learn workarounds for limitations.  He lost me when he got on the phone to order a pocket trumpet to be sent uptown to Harlem.....

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 05, 2009 @ 03:10 AM
KyleB
Joined  12-03-2002

no problem mo-z. if you look on you tube he has some videos in his own studio in his apartment. he uses the same general technique with 4 keyboards and those KRK speakers and a Mac computer.

ok, enough on this guy..let’s make some music !!!

peace

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 06, 2009 @ 11:18 PM
2Reggie
Total Posts:  0
Joined  07-13-2004

Kyle-b I appreciate your link and have seen Ryan Lesley with Cassie post befor.
Mo-Z is on point with what he is saying as well.
I have posted many times with behind the seen’s production with Tembaland T-pain.
I even posted honest opinions about gear such as Just Blaze upset with AKAI MPC5000 [url=http://themegatrondon2.com/2008/07/29/teh-suck/]http://themegatrondon2.com/2008/07/29/teh-suck/ [/url] rant.
I believe that subject matters are subjective to whoever is interested in what.
I find that most behind the seen productions, are like reality shows....not as real as it appears.
Most Reality Shows have writers, so ask yourself, if it’s real, then why do thy need writers? (watch end credits on most reality shows).

Ask yourself doe’s it matter what equipment you use, how you use it, or who likes you, who you know?
How many crappy songs get heavy rotation, 20 plays a day on most major stations and get awards?
How many artiest, producers, musicians get exposure and work with major artiest and get paid big money when you know people that’s better than most of them, who are struggling and cant get noticed? Why? Also why do some people get success almost overnight, and some really good talented people take years and years before their first breake?

Most of the best songs haven’t been heard, most of the best writers, no one knows yet....at least for now.
Back to your earlier words Kyle-b ‘’ enough on this guy..let’s make some music !!!’’
Develop your own following - make people want to ask, what did Kyle-b use on that hit song, be the leader.

Peace & blessings.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 07, 2009 @ 03:32 AM
The Funk Master
Total Posts:  3686
Joined  11-26-2007

lol Kyle, I dig that jam, and what he does, is not different at all from what you or I do in our home studios.
Millions of brothers and sisters out there mostly compose their hip hop in the same way.
It’s easy a pie,,yo, remember Tu Pac, he said it best.
“Man, I getting paid big time selling this total bullshit.”

Create your groove track, use your mutes, and lay your rap down over the top of it.
What more is there, other than the hype that has to be dished out.
Like brother Reggie said, there are way better and worser producers and musicans out there, just waiting for their big break,,,KB YOUR ONE OF THEM.

I think why people here are not that impressed, if any, is simply because we are doing the same thing musically.
THat Youtube video is for those that have not done this simple stuff, and also it’s for the children that are in awh of the created star.

I like that beat he made.
But think about if, what if we had the money, and knew the people to play our bullshit over the air waves?
Man, we would all be stars..LOL
Sheit, our last track, DF and I, made “Smokin The Good LIfe,” would sell with the right promotion, air time, and hype.

Simple sheit sells,,until the listener grows older.
I love kid music, I love the youth of today,,,their brains are easily influenced by the kiddy rymes and good drum beats.

HALA

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 07, 2009 @ 03:35 PM
mo-z
Joined  11-18-2005

Frank Zappa said it best:
“Art is making something out of nothing and selling it.”

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 08, 2009 @ 10:42 PM
scotch
Total Posts:  2027
Joined  08-14-2005

So you are directly contradicting The Funk Master then? Tu Pac ("Man, I getting paid big time selling this total bullshit."), did not “[say] it best”?

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Daschle?
Next Topic:

Forum etiquette: Please Read This ››