mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "failure to launch cubase"

Page 2 of 2
Posted on: February 07, 2009 @ 11:21 AM
Mlg4ever
Total Posts:  877
Joined  07-27-2003

Re: failure to launch cubase

Hi BadMIster
I tried a different audio with cubase, specifically C-Media wave device. It worked fine no parasitic noise whatsoever. I monitored the sound thru the back of my Computer.
I didn’t download the Service pack Hotfix from the Microsoft website because of this warning by microsoft”
WARNING This hotfix has not undergone full testing. Therefore, it is intended only for systems or computers that are experiencing the exact problem that is described in the one or more Microsoft Knowledge Base articles that are listed in “KB Article Numbers” field in the table at the end of this e-mail message. If you are not sure whether any special compatibility or installation issues are associated with this hotfix, we encourage you to wait for the next service pack release. The service pack will include a fully tested version of this fix. We understand that it can be difficult to determine whether any compatibility or installation issues are associated with a hotfix. If you want confirmation that this hotfix addresses your specific problem, or if you want to confirm whether any special compatibility or installation issues are associated with this hotfix, support professionals in Customer Support Services can help you with that. For information about how to contact support, copy the following link and then past it into your Web browser:
What do you think?
Thanks
J

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 07, 2009 @ 01:27 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

I think if you are worried you ought to contact Microsoft.

I tried a different audio with cubase, specifically C-Media wave device.

Sorry, I’m not familiar with C-Media?  What is that? And how does Cubase use it?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 07, 2009 @ 09:17 PM
frankE
Total Posts:  5350
Joined  12-23-2002

Hi again John,
Just popped back again with a few comments to share. First, please, do not compound your problem and start adding in things like a C-Media Wave device. On-board audio devices etc. are not suitable for use with Cubase. As suggested earlier, please use a suitable digital audio interface...in your case you have mLAN...and the device’s ASIO driver. Specifications for the type of hardware suitable use in Cubase are provided in your AI Getting Started guide. “504MB of RAM” for example is way below even the minimum spec.
Folks here can only take this so far. AI is a stable program and mLAN and its drivers are solid. Both will work well if the computer system meets specifications and is set up and running as required. Once you start getting into problems related to Windows or your computer itself though, my suggestion is to get some hands on help from someone locally, or contact Yamaha Customer Support and, by asking you questions directly one step at a time, they may be able to at least pin down where your problem lies....................frank

[ Ignore ]  

Page 2 of 2

Previous Topic:

‹‹ problem to sync arps to cubase
Next Topic:

SteinbergUsers ››