mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "failure to launch cubase"

Page 1 of 2
Posted on: February 02, 2009 @ 10:15 PM
Mlg4ever
Total Posts:  877
Joined  07-27-2003

I can’t launch Cubase anymore. I’m getting messages like: register if you want to continue using the program. Sometimes it says the eSOFT. licenser doesn’t have enough permission.... I have no clue what’s going on! anyone help!
thanks
J

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 03, 2009 @ 07:34 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Re: failure to launch cubase

We assume you Registered…

For any further help you need to provide what Cubase version you are talking about.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 03, 2009 @ 12:20 PM
Mlg4ever
Joined  07-27-2003

it is 4.0.1 BadMister
the guys from Steinburg Germany sent me an email and guided me thru how to register and download using the LCC. All went fine. I tried launching the Cubase again, didn’t work. same message Register now. I do click on it, nothing happens. Now what!
thanks
help
j

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 03, 2009 @ 10:46 PM
Mlg4ever
Joined  07-27-2003

I was finally able to register and launch cubase again. I noticed while recording audio that there are sporadic clips that occur no matter how low the gain. is that because it’s a free copy so they can’t let you do anything decent with it or what?
thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 04, 2009 @ 12:17 AM
Wellie
Total Posts:  6215
Joined  05-09-2003

Your clips are more likely to do with your soundcard or your system than Cubase itself.

Note if you are using the freebie version of Cubase that came with your XS then you are using Cubase AI.

It woudl be difficult for us to offer much more in the way of help without you giving some more info about your system and set up.

Cheers

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 04, 2009 @ 08:57 AM
frankE
Total Posts:  5350
Joined  12-23-2002

Let’s start by getting you to update to the latest version of what ever version of Cubase you have. There is no advantage to staying with an earlier version like that. Second please tell us more about what you are doing and with what! It’s certainly necessary to mention that something doesn’t work, but we need to know more in order to try to help determine why. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif alt= Also since you’ve already been in touch with Steinberg Support, chatting with them may be the fastest way to get things up and running. But let’s update first.............frank

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 04, 2009 @ 02:29 PM
Mlg4ever
Joined  07-27-2003

thanks for your replies and helps, especiallly the guys at Steinberg.
I’d love to update, but if it involves moneys, I might not be ready to spend anymore money right now. if you know How i can update to some later version for free, please help. Otherwise I’d like to use this free verion until I am familiar with cubase and ready to include a full blown system in my studio. I looks like I do like the cubase concept. I think I do.

Ok to get back to my previous issue, I’ll see if I can provide you with as much info as I could, hopefully i’ll be able to help you help me.
De Uno I’m using PC Windows XP sp2 pentium4, lots of Ram.
My Correspondent in UK told me that the Cubase AI4 is better than LE because it has more features. I was happy to hear that. At first I didn’t know the different between the two. That’s why I kept registering the wrong product and kept getting the “register now” message again and again. Well, that’s out of the way now

here is a piece of his reply to me
“ Dear Mr. Milangi,

Cubase AI4 has some more features and is designed especially for Yamaha Hardware (you can store all Advanced Integration components in AI 4)

What Soundcard do you use for Cubase AI4 at the moment? The Motif ?

Regards
_________________________________________________________________________________
Hotline for UK, Irleland
+49 (0)40 - 42236 115 “

I hope you guys can help me answer what card Im using between Motif XS and Cubase.

Well, right now I’m at the point where, I’m able to launch Cubase with no problem. I am following closely the tutorials by Mr. BadMister on various ways to work and connect thru Mlan. the progress is pretty encouraging. the only drawback right now is these clips I keep getting and they are not pleasant. They rub out all my joy of cubase and I don’t like it even a bit!

If this could help, let me tell you simply that, it’s almost as if i could hear every single click of the mouse I make.
I have a loop i just recorded playing. I click on the transport option on the task bar, and I hear my click in a very distorted and scattered pieces of noises, aweful. doesn’t even sound like a real mouse click. but I only hear it when I click on something while something else is running within cubase.
I also heard it when I tried to record something directly in cubase by playing the piano on the XS.

I can understand why it could be an issue related to a sound card, but I just can’t pin point it. Everything else is working fine don’t take me wrong.
the only other issue is, following the tutorial by badmister, there is a place where it says” now if you play/stop cubase motif xs follows these moves. didn’t do it for me. i am sure I followed all the directions and settings… don’t know what I missed. the test I tried to record, I had to manually and separately start cubase and Motif xs.

that’s about all I can say right now. I have more gears in my studio, but for the sake of this testing i actually removed proTools from the equation and all the rest of them...just the XS and my computer running cubase.
Again Like I said It is working, just that noise.....
thanks again to you all
peace
J

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 04, 2009 @ 04:53 PM
Mlg4ever
Joined  07-27-2003

please listen to this file if you can and you’ll see what I’m talking about. Every time you hear that aweful noise, it’s me clicking the mouse on an option…
thanks
J

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 04, 2009 @ 08:54 PM
frankE
Joined  12-23-2002

You have numerous problems so I suggest you start with the update as suggested. Re: “I’d love to update, but if it involves moneys, I might not be ready to spend anymore money right now. if you know How i can update to some later version for free, please help.”
----Go here to download a free update for Cubase AI. Make sure you download and use the full update and not the patch.

Next, you seem to be unaware of what is required to run Cubase…
Re: “I hope you guys can help me answer what card Im using between Motif XS and Cubase”
---Sorry, but that’s something YOU need to tell us! Are you using a suitable digital audio interface form manufacturers like RME, M-Audio, Presonus, Yamaha etc. with it’s own solid ASIO driver?? If you are trying to use an on-board audio device or something, then you need to address that issue before proceeding. Please have a look at the .pdf “Getting Started Guide” and the manuals and Help files that came with AI and make sure your computer system matches the specifications. Also, “lots of RAM”, doesn’t tell us anything; how much RAM do you consider lots?...........frank

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 05, 2009 @ 10:15 AM
Mlg4ever
Joined  07-27-2003

Hi Frank,
thanks for your attendance, and for the link to the updated version of cubase. I took care o that and it’s looking good. I don’t know if De facto all issues are solved!(should they be?)

During launch cubase asked if I want to use AsioMlan As the Audio master, i said Yes to that. Should that also be the Sound card? Or is there another.

anyways, here are additional details as you asked:
My system is Microsoft WinXP, home Edition, vers.2002 servpack 3
PentiumR4 CPU 3.00GHz, 504MB of RAM
HERE are some of the hardwares I have in my sounds and device propertie in my computer:
lite-on combo dvd/cd-r
yamaha mLan16E2
C-media AC97 AudioDevice
Audio codecs
Legacy Audio Drivers
Media control Devices
Legacy Video Capture Devices
Video Codecs
Yamaha mLanBus

the currently selected Audio default Device i: MlanAudio Out

By the way, I repeated this launch maneouvre so many times over the last week, I’m getting familiar with cubase. But that strange noise still lingers. So bad! If you can help me solve this issue maybe we will give you one of those names like BadMister, lol… maybe theDoctor… lol

hey franks, did you have a chance to listen to the file I uploaded? Maybe not because I couldn’t myself. but the guy in UK was able to hear it cause i sent him as an iPhone file and I could listen to it on my iPhone too. Do you have an e-mail where I can send you the short file, so you can listen to it?
If you’re wondering what my correspondent in UK thought here is what:

“Dear Mr. Milangi,

unfortunatly we do not have a Motif to test here. Have you already ask Yamaha?

Please check the following setting in Windows:

Go to Windows Start menu, select “Control Panels”
There, start “System”
In the window “System Properties” select the tab “Advanced”
Click on “Settings” in the section “Performance”
In the window “Performance Options” select the tab “Advanced”
There you find the “Processor scheduling” options, set it to “Background services”.

Best Regards

_________________________________________________________________________________
Hotline for UK, Irleland
+49 (0)40 - 42236 115 “

Ok Frank, i’m looking forward to your reply. See you later. Bye
john

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 05, 2009 @ 11:36 AM
frankE
Joined  12-23-2002

Hi John,
Okay then, “mLAN” is your audio interface, and so in AI you should be using the mLAN ASIO driver. Your current problems are related to your audio device. Not sure what buffer setting you are using in your ASIO Control Panel, but you could try increasing that setting for a start.
I’m going to let Bad Mister handle your questions on mLAN. He is the expert in that field, works for Yamaha, and prefers to deal with mLAN questions himself. Hopefully he will see your post and respond. In the meantime, make sure that you’ve gone through the mLAN guides that were posted, and also use the Search function for this conference and read through the numerous posts related to that subject. Cheerio............frank

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 05, 2009 @ 01:03 PM
Bad_Mister
Joined  07-30-2002

I’m having great difficulty following your posts. Are you sometimes quoting an email you sent or one that your received - very confusing. Who’s Mr. Milangi? (Is that you?) Who is J? is that you too, and who is johnotema? Is that you too, or is it three, now /forums/images/icons/smile.gif alt=

Are you running SP2 or SP3 (which list of information is your actual computer???)

Sounds to me that you have your MIDI ports all criss-crossed some how, if mouse clicks are audible when you click in Cubase, it is highly likely that you have things routed wrong.

Let’s deal with that before we get to anything to do with your computer and service pack issues.

In Cubase (which is where, by the way, you will be making all settings for Cubase. Please forget about Windows and SOUND and AUDIO DEVICES and all of that for now.

I am unable to get your MP3 of the noise you are hearing (the Motifator 3.0 work going on in the background is making attachments do crazy things now).
Go to DEVICES > DEVICE SETUP > MIDI > MIDI Port Setup

Make sure only the “mLAN MIDI IN” - “Motif XS” is marked in the “IN ALL INPUTS” column. This is very important.

Go to the REMOTE DEVICES folder
Here you should have the “Yamaha Motif XS” as a Remote Device and it should be setup for PORTS IN and OUT as “Yamaha Motif XS Remote”

Let us know

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 05, 2009 @ 01:18 PM
Mlg4ever
Joined  07-27-2003

Frank,
ok man thanks you’ve been a great help! Because of you now I have the current cubase version. It means a lot to me.

I’m going to continue reading on the tutorials by badMister. and I’m going to stick around for The Good BadMister himself to show up.

Meanwhile I just have to say that my issue right now is that I just want to get on the cubase and lay tracks freely and end up with something worth the day, and not feel as if I were building a castle with playing cards and have to watch it constantly as if the wind was going to blow my hard work in a swipe..lol
My inability to work freely with cubase gives me the impression that it isn’t a solid platform. I have to stop and take a deep breath before I continue. That’s not confidence at all..But I do believe it is more my inability than it is the solidity of cubase. For if people as experienced as BadMister and yourself trust it, I should too and be hopeful that I will figure it out and make music with it.
well, can’t say thanks enough.
john
Peace

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 05, 2009 @ 01:57 PM
Mlg4ever
Joined  07-27-2003

hey badMister, I think your post and my last one were almost concomitant. That explains why I was still addressing Mr. Frank.
Anyways thanks for your interest. Ok I have to clarify that all the Pseudos you mentioned in your post relate to me, sorry! i got friends in Europe who call me differently because of the time and place penomenon...long story! In US, particularly,atlanta GA friends on the campus,GSU named me differently because of the shows I used to host...In NY/NJ....these kids just call me J
I am attached to all these pseudos, if you will. I know it’s confusing but if you could bear with me on that appellation issue i’d appreciate it..

Ok, having set that aside, let me say that I am runnig service pack 3 now. I took a offer by windows a while ago to go from svcepack2 to 3. My mistake! I know I mentioned svce pack 2 in an earlier post. Mr. Frank’s persistence of getting the right details out of me made me go back and check to realize that I was running sp3. I didn’t think it mattered though.

Yes! no kidding, I click on Transport over the top on task bar or another option, and I hear this indiscernible click simulation. But it sounds like something that should go away eventually, i was hoping so. Howerver i just updated to a current version, and it’s still there.
if only you could hear it,that’s why I uploaded that piece of music. Too bad you couldn’t hear it.

i guess i’m going to try what you just told me to and see what happens. Do you think I should do anything to my computer? that noise sounds like a leak of a sort

ok, thanks again i’ll let you know the result pronto
J

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 05, 2009 @ 03:45 PM
Mlg4ever
Joined  07-27-2003

hi badmister,
I just completed the verification you asked me to. the noise is still there. Actually these settings were already in place, considering that in the tutorial you stressed how important it was to get them right.  but i went there anyway and redid the whole pocess all over again. It’s funny how easily I get to do it now! a while ago setting the mLan i/o on the XS to communicate with cubase seemed almost impossible and scary...lol
ok there you go! noise still there, i have yet to be inspired as to where it’s coming from. at least I can be humorous about it.
i’ll continue to delve into cubase’s different controls and functions to become even more familier with it, as I wait for your help.

thanks
J

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 06, 2009 @ 09:07 AM
Bad_Mister
Joined  07-30-2002

When you took advantage of Windows SP2 to SP3 update, did you also take advantage of the update on the Windows bug that resets your Firewire bus to 100S instead of 400S?

You will need to go to the following Microsoft support site, register and they will email you a link to download the fix (don’t ask me why they are doing this) all systems that use the firewire bus have this same issue.

[url=http://support.microsoft.com/kb/955408]http://support.microsoft.com/kb/955408 [/url]

This has nothing to do with your mouse click “noise” - I don’t know what that is or if it is even related at all to Cubase, mLAN or anything.

I would suggest you select one of the onboard ASIO drivers to test and see if this changes the results of clicking with the mouse.

But if you updated to SP3, I would bet your firewire bus is no longer running at the required 400 speed…

[ Ignore ]  

Page 1 of 2

Previous Topic:

‹‹ problem to sync arps to cubase
Next Topic:

SteinbergUsers ››