mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Recording patterns with apreggio"

Posted on: February 02, 2009 @ 05:35 AM
rao1961
Total Posts:  0
Joined  02-01-2009

I create a pattern mix, store it. Then I take track 1 (say guitar) and record it with a selected arpeggio. I then take track 2 and set it to drums, record a drum pattern. I take track 3 set to strings and record it with a arpeggio. it all plays well. then i save it to USB as a SMF file as a pattern. When I reload it and play it, it is all set to AP and plays nonsense. I have tried everything. Can someone tell me what wrong I am doing or what the correct steps are. I have also tried the manual example.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 02, 2009 @ 06:29 AM
BradWeber
Total Posts:  14986
Joined  07-26-2002

Re: Recording patterns with apreggio

The primary issue you have is that you should be saving (and reloading) your recorded pattern as part of an ALL or ALL PATTERN file. Saving your data as a standard MIDI file (data type = SMF) does not save any of the mixing data or the pattern structure.

The other potential issue is that the MO has a single arpeggiator. Therefore, in order to have multiple parts played back arpeggiated, you need to make sure that you record the output of the arpeggiator for each arpeggiated part and then turn off the arpeggiator when you play back these parts. For more information, see the Working with the Motif Arpeggiator article from the Motif (classic) Behind the Manual page. While written for the Motif Classic, it applies to the MO6/8 (and Motif ES) as well.

Regards,

Brad Weber /forums/images/icons/cool.gif alt=

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 02, 2009 @ 06:38 AM
rao1961
Joined  02-01-2009

Thanks Brad. I will give that a go and hopefully it will work. Will keep you posted.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 02, 2009 @ 07:16 AM
rao1961
Joined  02-01-2009

Hey, that was simple. Thanks a lot Brad.

Regards
Rao

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Mo6 and Omnisphere
Next Topic:

MO and Motif ES compatibility ››