mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "VSTi Editor?"

Posted on: February 02, 2009 @ 08:45 AM
keytarhero
Total Posts:  305
Joined  07-03-2008

In July, Yamaha said that the VSTi Editor would be out in a month, which would have been August.

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n26xBWR-2TU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n26xBWR-2TU [/url]

It is now almost 7 months later...what’s the deal?

Is there that many bugs with it?  Or perhaps they just need to be reminded to upload it to yamahasynth?  haha
It’s happened before with the MacOSX software.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 02, 2009 @ 05:21 PM
SpongeBob
Total Posts:  1588
Joined  11-19-2006

Re: VSTi Editor?

Predicting software release dates is a bit like predicting the second coming. We’re supposed to have a new forum here last month as well.

I am not being critical as I’m sure there are about a zillion details to deal with, but I do often wonder why companies even bother to tell people that some new software update or product is on the way. It just makes them look silly and unable to plan. Just tell us when it’s done.

Bob

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 03, 2009 @ 02:13 AM
bobbybland
Total Posts:  1271
Joined  01-04-2008

Steinberg also said that hardware and mediabay compatibility would be working together in 2007 for Cubase 4.. That never happened either.. That was a big reason I purchased the hardware/software back then due to their marketing claims… Sadly it doesn’t work like that,you have to see it work to believe it..

Somebody should get the ball rolling though,as now it’s starting to sound like the big bad wolf old wise tail or better yet a tale from Pinocchio, watch out somebody might just capitalize on your claims!

February/2009 is now the latest statement no?

Companies should give the user a break when they cannot make good on their word also,I thought that would be fair,instead they just release a newer version and keep the customer waiting..? whats up with that?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 03, 2009 @ 01:33 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Companies should give the user a break when they cannot make good on their word

Okay, the editor will be free.... !  /forums/images/icons/smile.gif alt=
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 03, 2009 @ 02:26 PM
keytarhero
Joined  07-03-2008

YES!  awesome!
haha.

I don’t ever want to come across as sounding rude or impatient, but the VST talk was a HUGE selling factor for me when buying this unit.  And mention was made of it so long ago when I was buying—saying it would be a month out. 

Now as far as os updates, editor updates, anything new and special that is just done to please the customer is awesome of Yamaha.  I appreciate them for that.  But this is something that was used as a selling point right out of the gate. 

I’m just confused why they don’t just treat us like colleagues and fellow musicians.  You see the Yamaha rep opening it as a VSTi in the video posted above.  If there’s a bug, they should let us know!  The case is — we all know about it already.  Most of us here like to be pretty involved.  I don’t mind hearing about bugs, or other issues hindering the realease...they just shouldn’t leave us hanging and having everyone practice saying “soon.”

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 03, 2009 @ 05:28 PM
Yamaha_US
Total Posts:  2540
Joined  07-19-2002

We are very, very close to the VSTi editor release. We hope than within the next 10 days it will be up ( and on the new Motifator site as well).

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 04, 2009 @ 05:55 AM
bobbybland
Total Posts:  1271
Joined  01-04-2008

Too cool.. Thanks Bad Mister and Yamaha US for understanding and shedding some comedy to ease our thoughts throughout this process… I for one am at least thankful it is for free..well you know what I mean.

The final countdown. :]

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 09, 2009 @ 03:14 PM
keytarhero
Joined  07-03-2008

Muchas gracias!

Heck yes, by this Friday would be awesome!  =)

Thanks so much!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Is the Es6/7/8 patch "Sippery" and arp in Rack XS?
Next Topic:

What’s New! ››