mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Perform into a Track pattern"

Posted on: February 01, 2009 @ 09:50 PM
ashug
Total Posts:  62
Joined  11-21-2003

Hello:

Say if I want Utage and its in Perform mode...How do I transfer that into pattern mode. so in pattern mode I can have utage playing on track 1 and have something else playing on track 2.(simultamusely?).when I’m using Midi?..

Thank you
AShug

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 02, 2009 @ 07:30 AM
BradWeber
Total Posts:  14986
Joined  07-26-2002

Re: Perform into a Track pattern

You can copy a performance into the first (up to) 4 parts of a song or pattern mix, using the [SONG] (or [PATTERN])-->[MIXING]-->[JOB]-->[F5] PFCOPY job. Once you’ve copied the performance into the mix, any music that you play and/or record in the song or pattern sequencer on part 1 will playback using the copied performance.

For more information on the PFCOPY job, see page 213 of the Motif Owner’s Manual .

Regards,

Brad Weber /forums/images/icons/cool.gif alt=

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 02, 2009 @ 07:00 PM
ashug
Total Posts:  62
Joined  11-21-2003

okay Thank you! I transffered it unto track track 1 ( a performance track called utage)

Now, How do I transfer another peformance to track 2..it’s not letting me do it...all tracks 2-16 is silent..

Thank you
A

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 02, 2009 @ 08:42 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

What you are not understanding about your Motif is the role of the PART.

The basic playable program in the Motif is called a VOICE. The Power Grand piano is an example of a Voice.

When you want to combine multiple Voices together you create what is called a PERFORMANCE. A Performance is made up of up to four Voices… Each Voice is placed in a PART. 

The role of the PART is, it allows you to alter how the Voice contained within is addressed. For example, you want to create a Performance that is Piano and Strings, layered across the keyboard. But you want to transpose the Piano up and octave.

Because you have PART parameters you can Note Shift the piano up 1 Octave without actually editing the original Power Grand piano Voice.

In another Performance you want to combine that same Power Grand piano with an Acoustic Bass to create a Split… By placing the Power Grand in Part 1 and the Acoustic Bass in Part 2, you can use PART parameters to Note Limit the piano above middle C (C3), and you can Note Limit the bass below B2… all without distructively editing the original Power Grand or Acoustic Bass sound.

So PARTs contain a VOICE, and apply a set of OFFSET parameters to the original Voice data. Each PART contains 1 VOICE>

When you go to SONG mode or PATTERN mode you will notice you have 16 PARTS. Each of the 16 PARTS contains 1 Voice. And again you have a set of OFFSET parameters that allow you to alter each of the 16 Voices for use in the current SONG or PATTERN. Again without destructively having to edit the original data.

So the Power Grand can be used in 128 different Performances, and each can be edited slightly differently, as required by that combination, without changing the original data.

So when you COPY a Performance with 4 Parts in it, to a SONG or PATTERN setup,,, each Voice in that Performance will occupy 1 PART… So a 4 Part Performance will use 4 Parts of the Song/Pattern Mixing setup.

If you have a 4 Part Performance then when copied to a PATTERN - it will occupy the first 4 PARTS… each Part will be assigned to MIDI Channel 1… and will respond to any thing sent on MIDI channel 1.

Part 2, 3 and 4 are now re-assigned to MIDI channel 1
So nothing is assigned to MIDI channels 2, 3 or 4

Channels 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 and 16 are available and are assigned to MIDI channels 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 and 16, respectively. Check it out - they are not silent. You gave up before you got to 5.

Hope that helps.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Tempo track?
Next Topic:

Brad’s List: TOP MOTIF/MOTIF ES FORUM QUESTIONS ››