mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif XS with Cubase AI VS. Motif XS with Logic 8"

Posted on: February 01, 2009 @ 10:55 AM
GreenMachine
Total Posts:  66
Joined  02-13-2008

Ok heres the thing. I have the XS6 hooked up via firewire MLan to my iMac. I have Cubase AI which came with the Motif and Logic Pro 8 which came with the Mac. Now I am beginning to notice that when it comes to recording audio the Motif XS sounds thinner and lower in Logic and than in Cubase. I am wondering if I am the only person who notices this. Now Im not stupid i do realize that having the full Logic Pro 8 beats having the lower edition Cubase AI but sound quality is very important to me and if recording in Cubase means having a better altogether sound then I guess I’ll just have to import each audio file i record from Cubase AI into Logic 8 so that i will still be able to take advantage of the Logic’s editing options.

Hoping someone can help me out.....

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 02, 2009 @ 05:49 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Re: Motif XS with Cubase AI VS. Motif XS with Logic 8

What makes Steinberg software the best is the audio engine. I thought it was hype myself when you’d here the Steinberg guys claim this.

But having done it myself I have to say it is true. Take any wave file - one that you know well. And simply drag that wave into Cubase and into any other popular Digital Audio Workstation software… and you let your ears be the judge.

It is all about the audio engine. If you hear the difference, it’s a no brainer to make the switch to Cubase. If you don’t, well, then any DAW will do… but I’m betting this simple test will make believers out of whomever tries it.

It’s all in the audio engine. No hype ... try it yourself.
Recognize that even though you are comparing the entry level Cubase with the “Pro” version of the other… the fundamental sound engine is superior.

If sound is important to you, it’s a no-brainer.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 03, 2009 @ 12:08 PM
vizion
Total Posts:  231
Joined  01-06-2007

BM: ‘What makes Steinberg software the best is the audio engine. I thought it was hype myself when you’d here the Steinberg guys claim this.

But having done it myself I have to say it is true.’

Yeah, it’s just like Texas calculators—they are so much more precise than Casio’s. It has something to do with the zeros, I believe. They’re more, like, you know, round.

It surprises me to hear stuff like that from you, BM. If it were true, which it isn’t, everybody would use Cubase instead of PT and Logic. Even if there was a slight CHANCE it was true, everybody would use it. You know how we are.

But they don’t. Cubase may have it uses in audio editing, but it serves no practical purposes in recording, since you can’t get below a 128 or even 256 (or even *512*) buffer on a modern multicore computer. And when you can record at 32 in Logic—and have similar possibilities in PT—the math is easy, and the choice simple.

I wish it wasn’t. My XS is the only thing that truly sücks in Logic, and I’m pretty sure it would work very well in Cubase.

So I hope that Steinberg finds a solution to all their problems. And soon. If they do, I’ll be very happy to buy what they sell. Like everybody else, I want the best.

But get this: The DAW war is not about sound; all major DAWS sound the same.

The war is about stability, latency and reliability, and for the moment Steinberg loses big time on all three accounts.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 03, 2009 @ 01:17 PM
Bad_Mister
Joined  07-30-2002

The DAW war is not about sound; all major DAWS sound the same.

The war is about stability, latency and reliability, and for the moment Steinberg loses big time on all three accounts.

You need to get out more. Of course it is always about the sound. If you are worried about stability, latency and reliablity perhaps you should look into getting a more powerful (and dedicated) computer and get the right interface, so you can rise above that noise.

Sorry. If you have not done the comparison I wouldn’t expect you to understand it. but it is always about the sound… sorry.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 03, 2009 @ 01:46 PM
vizion
Total Posts:  231
Joined  01-06-2007

BM: ‘You need to get out more. Of course it is always about the sound. If you are worried about stability, latency and reliablity perhaps you should look into getting a more powerful (and dedicated) computer and get the right interface, so you can rise above that noise.’

That’s a weird answer… I work on a dedicated 8 core MacPro, with the right interface and the right converters.

Only problem is it will behave as a cheap Dell, if I install Cubase on it.

And nope, I don’t need to go out *more*. :-/

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 03, 2009 @ 06:20 PM
Bad_Mister
Joined  07-30-2002

Yeah… you do :-\

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Pattern Chain - Need Advice!!
Next Topic: