mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Cubase 5 and mLAN"

Page 2 of 2
Posted on: February 10, 2009 @ 02:56 AM
steak
Total Posts:  0
Joined  02-10-2004

Re: Cubase 5 and mLAN

OK I ve noticed Yamaha is going to issue various drivers and firmware updates for Vista64.

But it’s still confusing for me.

I have only ONE question for a Guru:

Well as audio interfaces I use 01x with i88x. It’s very nice sounding for the use I have.
I want to update my DAW system and I am open minded on this point.
I am more a composer using big amounts of RAM with VSTi banks than a recorder and so am limited by 32 bits OS or applications memory limitation.

The question is:
Should I better take Cubase 5 or Sonar 8 instead, considering I do not intend to throw my audio gear to garbage ?

Well at this point to go in details, you could tell me that mlan is not 64 bits supported that is wrong because it works on XP64 or that Cubase 5 is not XP64 supported, that I do not care because my problem is not a problem of OS support but a problem to connect and use features of Steinberg (Yamaha)Cubase 5 with my Yamaha existing gear.

So the point:
Is it possible or shall I use third party DAW in order to maintain my softwares up to date ?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 10, 2009 @ 09:19 AM
frankE
Total Posts:  5350
Joined  12-23-2002

I’m not sure exactly what it is that you are trying to find out, but if you are running Cubase at present, Cubase 5 should still work for you, and I see no reason why you would be better off with Sonar. The mLAN 64 bit drivers etc. have been discussed above, so no need to go over that again. You can stick with 32 bit everything for now, and then move to 64 bit if you wish when everything you need is available. No one has ever claimed that 64 bit ‘everything’ is now ready. 64 bit, while progressing, is still not ‘there’ yet for everyone, so if one wants to use it, one must also be prepared to deal with some problems for awhile longer. Drivers etc. will catch up eventually............frank

PC * Windows XP or Windows Vista*
* 2 GHz CPU (dual core CPU recommended)
* 1024 MB RAM
* Display resolution 1024 x 768 pixels
* Windows DirectX compatible audio hardware (ASIO compatible audio hardware recommended for low-latency performance)
* DVD-ROM drive with dual-layer support
* 4 GB of free HD space
* USB component port for Steinberg Key (copy protection)
* Internet connection for license activation

* Included Cubase 5 64-bit version natively supports Vista 64

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 11, 2009 @ 05:29 AM
steak
Total Posts:  0
Joined  02-10-2004

No one has ever claimed that 64 bit was ready by now ?

But it is.
I’ve been using Cubase 4 x64 preview with XP64 under Mlan x64 driver (XP only)

My only concer is to be confirmed if Cubase 5 x64 (no longer preview hahaha) will operate under XP64.

I do not care if Steinberg says that it should operate but anyway do not expect any support.... Really I don’t expect any support. Just a confirmation that yes it should work on XP64 as it mandatory to do so on Vista64.

Just for enabling Mlan x64 users to go ahead with new Cubase version with no regrets.

Concerning Mlanx64 driver update to Vista64, that would hardly simplify our lives but that’s another topic .....

Concerning Mlan driver linux open source, what a great idea.
Anyway if Mlan is to become less and less supported by Yamaha because they want to focus on YSF drivers line, they should better give access to code of existing mlan drivers enalbing developpers to make Mlan (32 or 64) workable for years with Vista and also in near future with W 7.

I can’t stand imagining to be unable to use my wonderful Mlan gear in 2020 for example.

I have in my home studio some 40 years old pieces of gear that give wonderful service.....They are still usable and even more.

[ Ignore ]  

Page 2 of 2

Previous Topic:

‹‹ does the cubase AI 4 support VST instuments?
Next Topic:

SteinbergUsers ››