mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "can I save a mod wheel setting?"

Posted on: January 30, 2009 @ 12:22 PM
daryl
Total Posts:  35
Joined  07-19-2004

I was in the process of mixing an organ track and I chose to use the mod wheel in its upright position during the tracking, I thought that the motif would capture and save that effect but it did not. and now to hear the organ effect i have to keep it in that position, but now the mod wheel is effecting my horn track ,I think there is a way around this but i can’t seem to find it. Thanks for any insight.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 02, 2009 @ 09:47 AM
Wellie
Total Posts:  6215
Joined  05-09-2003

Re: can I save a mod wheel setting?

Talk us through your setup.

Are you recording audio or MIDI? It sound like you are recording MIDI but just want to be sure.

Cheers

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 02, 2009 @ 10:10 AM
daryl
Joined  07-19-2004

Yes I believe I’m recording midi, I’m in song mode of the motif es 6, I’m hooked up(stereo input) to a soundcraft M8 analog mixer/with the digital output sending the signal into my alesis masterlink two track digital recorder, would that be a midi setup?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 02, 2009 @ 01:14 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

MIDI tracks will record the data it if occurs while the sequencer is in record. If you place the wheel all the way up and then start to record, the sequencer did not “see” the wheel move.

The normal position of the wheel is down. So the sequencer never noticed that you had the wheel up… Same is true with the sustain pedal… if you put your foot on the sustain pedal prior to record, the sequencer never noticed that you stepped on the pedal. The normal condition of the sustain pedal is OFF.  Same as the normal position of the wheel is down.

What you can do is insert a Modulation event into the track data.

From SONG mode
Press the Track button containing the organ sound.
Press [EDIT] to view the EVENT LIST
Press [F5] INSERT>
Move the cursor down to EVENT TYPE and select “CONTROL CHANGE”
Move the cursor up and at Measure 001:1:000 set the CTRL = 001 [ModWheel] and set the DATA = 127
Press [F6] SET to enter this event.

Press SONG to return to the main screen. Now when you start playback the MW has been told to go to maximum. (the Motif ES can “see” that)
/forums/images/icons/smile.gif alt=

Hope that helps.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 12, 2009 @ 08:40 AM
daryl
Joined  07-19-2004

Great advice, thanks so much!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Recording tracks in pattern mode