mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "SCSI CD-RW Drive"

Posted on: January 25, 2009 @ 06:10 PM
jama777
Total Posts:  10
Joined  08-04-2008

I want to import samples into my motif so i can trigger them with the keys is the SCSI CD-RW Drive a stand alone piece or does it have to be hooked into computer is it need to put samples into motif or caN I HOOK A CD PLAYER TO THE AD JACKS ON BACK THANKS I NEWBIE

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 25, 2009 @ 08:24 PM
BradWeber
Total Posts:  14986
Joined  07-26-2002

Re: SCSI CD-RW Drive

You can connect an audio CD Drive directly to the Classic’s AD inputs in order to record samples from standard Audio CD’s.

If on the other hand you wish to load samples in one of the supported formats you will need either a SmartMedia Card or a SCSI device (such as a SCSI CD-RW drive).

The Motif can load samples in Motif, *.wav or *.aif formats from either a SmartMedia card or a SCS device.

It can also load samples in Akai S1000 and S3000 formats or in Yamaha A3000/A4000/A5000 and SU700 format from the original sample CD’s from a SCSI CD drive directly connected to the Motif. These CD’s use a proprietary format in order to discourage illegal copying and distribution of these samples.

Regards,

Brad Weber

[ Ignore ]