mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Master Bus"

Posted on: January 24, 2009 @ 03:12 PM
rogerkmusic
Total Posts:  100
Joined  02-15-2008

Any one got tips on how there master bus chain looks like,meaning what plugins do you use.Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 24, 2009 @ 06:59 PM
frankE
Total Posts:  5350
Joined  12-23-2002

Re: Master Bus

The Master bus can, of course, contain any number of plug-ins, depending on its intended purpose at the time, so that question is one for which there is no definitive answer. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif alt=
If I was to say I used X plug-in when I was exporting a track and someone else reported they used Y plug-in when mastering, what does that really tell anyone? Anyway, perhaps you could reconsider your question or if there was something specific you were wondering about, perhaps restate it. What sort of ‘chain’ are you wondering about?...........frank

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 25, 2009 @ 01:21 AM
rogerkmusic
Joined  02-15-2008

what would you use for your master bus when your mix sounds good, eq,limiter, l2 maximizer...etc..sorry im not a good writer

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 25, 2009 @ 09:03 AM
frankE
Total Posts:  5350
Joined  12-23-2002

If you mean AFTER you have mixed the song to your satisfaction, exported the mix as a a stereo file and have now set up a project for mastering, the master bus might then contain anything from compression, reverb or limiters to software like Ozone. Again, there is no set answer for that type of question. It all depends on what is needed at the time. I would suggest that you study the mastering process either through books, courses and/or magazine articles etc., and then you would be in a better position to decide what YOU need each time. Cheerio.............frank

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 25, 2009 @ 10:54 AM
rogerkmusic
Joined  02-15-2008

Thanks Franke,.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Can Cubase AI4 be downloaded from someplce
Next Topic:

SteinbergUsers ››