mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Syncronization troubles, Motif EX Rack with Editor"

Posted on: January 23, 2009 @ 06:35 AM
gakken
Total Posts:  0
Joined  12-11-2008

I´m having some troubles with connecting my Yamaha Motif XS Rack to my Editor. Somehow there is a connection, cause when I press the keys in the Editor with my mouse, the XS makes sound. So, there obviously is som kind of connection. The MIDI-ports appears as they should, and everything seems normal. The problem is when I´m gonna sync. If I use the Recall-funktion under Syncronization in SM2, the options “from hardware” and “to hardware” are grayed out, so I cant choose any of them. In the Editor, I work offline, and when I try to start syncronization, it´s timed out after a while.

So basicly, I can´t get my Editor to syncronize with the XS.

Suggestions?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 23, 2009 @ 10:47 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Re: Syncronization troubles, Motif EX Rack with Editor

Welcome to the forums…

If you want any help with a computer related problem it is very important to include the basic data you are dealing with:
1) what type of computer Windows or Mac
2) what operating system you are running on that computer
3) what you have downloaded and installed: for example, you mentioned you have the Motif-Rack XS Editor, (and we can assume you have the Studio Manager) but you did not mention that you downloaded and installed the Yamaha Extensions for Steinberg or if you are using the Studio Manager and Editor in stand alone mode or running it inside of Cubase.
4) you do not mention if you are connected via USB or Firewire… this will very much affect how you configure you setup.

The “From Hardware” and “To Hardware” functions are available when you are working with a DAW software like Cubase.

So from all of this we can guess that you are probably running in stand alone mode. Let us know if you are using USB or Firewire… a time out error usually indicates your ports are not properly set.

Motif-Rack XS Editor Manual

Let us know.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 24, 2009 @ 03:01 AM
gakken
Total Posts:  0
Joined  12-11-2008

Of course…

I´m running a Mac, OSX 10.5.6, the newest. I´ve downloaded and installed the Studio Manager 2, the Editor, and a MIDI-driver that seemed nessisary. I´m using it as standalone, so I´ve not installed the exstensions for Steinberg. And I´m using USB.

One thing I discovered : in the Editor, when I press “offline” to sync with the MOTIF RACK XS, my options are a little different than in the manual. First, there is no “MIDI KB in,” not any options there at all.

Second, when I choose the USB instead of mLAN, I have to choose two inputs, not only one as in the manual.

And as before, when I try to sync, it´s timed out after a little while, a few seconds.

Does this make any sense?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 24, 2009 @ 09:10 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Yes, possibly, it does. It is likely that you downloaded the wrong Editor… the mention of no “MIDI KB IN” is a clue that you may have downloaded the “Motif XS Editor” and not the “Motif-Rack XS Editor” (yes, they are different products with different Editors.

Let us know.

When connecting via USB - due to bandwidth, the Studio Manager uses two PORTS (Ports 1 and Port 4). Port 1 is for normal MIDI communication (note-on events, controllers) and Port 4 is for automation and remote control.

WHen connecting via IEEE1394/mLAN only the mLAN MIDI IN/OUT port (1) is used…

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Reassigning the Mod wheel
Next Topic:

Short tutorial on GM files ››