mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "My new demo-reel"

Page 1 of 2
Posted on: January 22, 2009 @ 06:32 AM
thomasregin
Total Posts:  4
Joined  08-31-2003

Hi guys,

I know it’s been ages since I posted in this forum, but some of you may still remember me! I still recognize a lot of names! :-)

I’ve been dead-busy composing music for various video games and other events which so far has turned out pretty well!

I just wanted to share with you my new demo-reel.

Regin - Demo-reel ‘09

Let me know what you think!

Thanks! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif alt=

Thomas.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 22, 2009 @ 06:54 AM
mmusic
Total Posts:  1159
Joined  05-24-2008

Re: My new demo-reel

Chapeau!

Michael

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 22, 2009 @ 07:08 AM
thomasregin
Joined  08-31-2003

Chapeau

Eh.. Chapeau? My French is a little rusty! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif alt=

From wordnet.Princeton.edu:
hat: headdress that protects the head from bad weather; has shaped crown and usually a brim

Ehm.. Thanks? /forums/images/icons/wink.gif alt=

Thomas.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 22, 2009 @ 07:36 AM
mmusic
Total Posts:  1159
Joined  05-24-2008

Hi Thomas. “Chapeau!” means: There is something absolute perfect done and you say “Wow!!”

In 18., 19, and at beginning of the last century, if you weared a “Chapeau”, you lifted it, to show your respect.

Michael

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 22, 2009 @ 09:29 AM
jan bruijn
Total Posts:  4943
Joined  04-30-2005

Thomas,

I am impressed. You can compete with all known film music composers in the world.

Its really fantastic. The presentation of your work and yourself is PROFESSIONAL.

All done with EWQL I suppose and the old mighty ES?

Music, sound and mix are perfect. As Michael says. Chapeau. LOL.

Jan

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 22, 2009 @ 02:16 PM
hncheema
Total Posts:  1461
Joined  08-27-2008

triple Chapeau from me LOL

I am sooo impressed. Do you have a website where we can listen to more of your work ?

thanks for sharing this with us .

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 22, 2009 @ 06:54 PM
thomasregin
Joined  08-31-2003

Michael,

Thanks for the explanation!! And thank you!! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif alt=

Jan,

Thank you very much. Yes, pretty much everything was recorded with EWQLSO and the mighty ES7.

Hammad,

Glad you liked it! Yes, I have a website: [url=http://www.thomas-regin.com]http://www.thomas-regin.com. [/url] There is a small truckload of music if you click on “Click to hear music” on the left! :-)

Thanks for listening, guys!

Thomas.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 22, 2009 @ 10:16 PM
The Funk Master
Total Posts:  3652
Joined  11-26-2007

LOL welcome back buddy, you’ve been quite busy I see.
Nice promotional ad you layed on us.
Oh and btw, it’s me Jerry, and I’m still hard at it myself.
At least now, I know who to ask to setup a promotion for my music this year..LOL

Thanks for sharing your ad brother.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 23, 2009 @ 08:43 PM
Brčte
Total Posts:  2064
Joined  02-07-2006

I thought Chapeau was a really dry white wine /forums/images/icons/wink.gif alt=

Great promo piece my friend!  You have proven determination and hard work pay off, Thomas.  Keep going my friend, you inspire us all.

In America, we just say “Hats off!”

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 24, 2009 @ 09:35 AM
shamasundar
Total Posts:  0
Joined  08-13-2005

Hi Thomas

Good to see you here after a long long time. How are you doing?

This promo is amazing, It beautifully shows a wide range of your talent in orchestration. I am very happy to know that you are very busy composing music. I am sure we get to hear plenty of good stuff from you in 2009. 

Keep up the great work!!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 24, 2009 @ 08:19 PM
pkossek
Total Posts:  686
Joined  12-30-2005

Hi Thomas,
good to hear from you. Glad things are working out for you. Amazing demo - when I hear your orchestrations I wish I did my latest piece “Beyond” as a symphonic piece.
Take care.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 25, 2009 @ 09:05 AM
thomasregin
Joined  08-31-2003

LOL welcome back buddy, you’ve been quite busy I see.

Hi Jerry!

Thanks for the warm welcome! Good to see you and thanks for the nice words about my demo-reel! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif alt=

Great promo piece my friend! You have proven determination and hard work pay off, Thomas. Keep going my friend, you inspire us all.

Thanks, Brete. You’re not doing so bad yourself it seems. It hasn’t been more than a few weeks since I visited your Nutcracker-page (again) and listened to most of your tracks there. Excellent and funny project!!

Good to see you here after a long long time. How are you doing?

Shyam,
I’m doing pretty well!! I’m not sure I’ve told you this, but I have become a father again - 7 months ago - so now I have two wonderful daughters and about 2 billion percent less time for anything but kids! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif alt=

How are you doing??

Thanks for the kind words about my reel! Glad you enjoyed it!

when I hear your orchestrations I wish I did my latest piece “Beyond” as a symphonic piece

Hi Peter! Long time no see! Hope you’re doing well here in rainy, cold Denmark! Not exactly inspirational weather we’re having!

It’s never too late to change a tune if you want it more orchestral! Do you have a link to it? I’d like to hear it!

Thomas.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 25, 2009 @ 12:31 PM
shamasundar
Total Posts:  0
Joined  08-13-2005

Hi Thomas,

Congratulations to you and your wife on your new baby girl! Your children are surely blessed to have such a wonderful and truly gifted person as their father!!!

I really admire you Thomas. I have heard the demo reel several times and all the facets of orchestration are truly evident all over the piece. How I wish I had a tiny fraction of the wonderful talent that you possess!!  Hollywood beckons you and I am sure you will go places very soon!

I am hanging in there amidst all the turmoils that the banking industry is currently experiencing; very lucky that I still have my job; not done anything musically in the past couple of years. We still cherish your beautiful rendition of “State of Frenzy”. My daughter simply loves the song.

I must admit though that after listening to your wonderful “demo reel”, I dusted off my lazy keyboard that sits in the corner of my room, and I will try to come up with something. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif alt= My experiments with cacophony will hopefully continue. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif alt=

All the best to you Thomas!!! Keep in touch.

Shyam

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 26, 2009 @ 12:06 AM
dafingaz
Total Posts:  3350
Joined  07-13-2004

Is this James Newton Howard? LOL. Excellent music. What publishing company are you signed with?....

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 26, 2009 @ 06:37 AM
Brčte
Total Posts:  2064
Joined  02-07-2006

Thanks Tom!

Yeah, the gig in Los Angeles was great fun.  I enjoyed myself.

How’s the baby girl doing?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 26, 2009 @ 07:32 AM
pkossek
Total Posts:  686
Joined  12-30-2005

Thomas,
well the weather isn’t too inspiring, but not distracting either :-). Here is the link to Beyond . Have fun!

[ Ignore ]  

Page 1 of 2

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Peace
Next Topic:

dont do that ››