mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "sync audio from feild recorder to cubase Project"

Posted on: January 22, 2009 @ 04:36 AM
panman4u
Total Posts:  58
Joined  12-08-2007

Greetings People.

I am working on a project to record a band live. My set up is a macbook pro,n8 and cubase 4.5. I am also using a zoom H2 to capture the entire band. I would like to know how to sync the H2 file to the CB project.

All Tracks are 48kHz/24-bit

Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 22, 2009 @ 06:46 AM
Wellie
Total Posts:  6215
Joined  05-09-2003

Re: sync audio from feild recorder to cubase Project

You’ll need to supply more info on the zoom H2 like what midi ins/outs does it have and what sync info it will respond to.

You should be able to get that info from its manual - if that is lost, you can frequently find such items on the net - zoom have a website and it’ll be worth looking there for a manual.

Once you have that info it should be a straightforward setup in the synchronisation dialogue in C4 headed to the Zoom via MIDI out from your laptop to MIDI In of the Zoom.

Hope this helps

Cheers

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 22, 2009 @ 08:44 AM
panman4u
Total Posts:  58
Joined  12-08-2007

Sorry for the being clear.
What i have set up is like this.
macbook pro,n8 digital mixer, cubase 4.5, 16 channel 4bus mixer.

4 mics in the first 4 inputs of the n8.inputs 1-8 on the mixer go to bus 1-2 and its outputs are going in to ch 5-6 of the n8.inputs 9-16 on the mixer go to bus 3-4 and its outputs are going in to ch 7-8 of the n8. so all together i am recording 4 mono and 2 stereo from the n8 in to cubase at the same time.

Now the zoom h2 is a stand alone stereo recorder and i am using it to capture the band and room ambience.at the same time i am recording using the above set up. When i am done i would like to take the wave file from the h2 and import it in the cubase project. Do I just drag and drop the file in cubase or is there something else I have to do.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 22, 2009 @ 08:52 AM
frankE
Total Posts:  5350
Joined  12-23-2002

Just transfer the .wav file to your computer using the guidelines in your manual, then “Import” the file into Cubase, or if you have it, into Wavelab first for editing............frank

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ MIDI Channels
Next Topic:

SteinbergUsers ››