mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "changing and saving parts in sequences"

Posted on: January 21, 2009 @ 09:48 PM
soulunique
Total Posts:  0
Joined  01-21-2007

Hi i have a Motif 6 i’m trying to change a part and save it in a sequence i have done the store to mix and save the song steps seems its not working the old settings reappear is there a possible protection somewhere on i’m not aware of thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 22, 2009 @ 07:40 AM
BradWeber
Total Posts:  14986
Joined  07-26-2002

Re: changing and saving parts in sequences

What mode are you sequencing your song in - song or pattern mode? The answer to your question may well depend on this.

One potential cause of this problem is the tracks of your song or pattern having Bank Select and Program Change commands. If you sequenced the song or pattern directly on the instrument, this is unlikely to be the problem. If, on the other hand, you imported a song sequenced on another instrument (or downloaded from the internet) it is quite possible that it included these commands in the MIDI data. Bank Select and Program Changes embedded in a song or pattern will override the voices you selected (and stored) in the song or pattern mix. To fix this problem, you would simply delete these commands from each track of your song or pattern.

A second cause for the problem you describe is that if you are in pattern mode, when a pattern phrase is recorded, the voice that was selected when it was recorded is stored in the “phrase header”. This allows you to use (and reuse) this phrase in other patterns without having to remember the voice that you had selected when recording the pattern phrase. By default, the Motif will use this voice even if you change the voice in the pattern mix. To overcome this issue, you must either disable these “track voices” or overwrite them. For more information, see the following thread: Bad_Mister Explains Phrase Headers and Track Voices .

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Brad Weber /forums/images/icons/cool.gif alt=

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 22, 2009 @ 03:09 PM
soulunique
Joined  01-21-2007

Thanks i’m creating in pattern mode i will try your advice appreciate the information i’m sure it will help thanks again.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 22, 2009 @ 04:08 PM
soulunique
Joined  01-21-2007

Thanks Brad that was the solution worked perfect thanks again.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Saving voice banks
Next Topic:

Short tutorial on GM files ››