mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Saving voice banks"

Posted on: January 21, 2009 @ 08:38 AM
terkster
Total Posts:  0
Joined  10-02-2008

I recently acquired an ES 6. I also purchased third party libraries like Vintage Keys and 80’s from Playkeyz. I’ve been able to load single sounds from these banks and create a favorites bank in user 2. When I try to save it to a USB drive it seems to do it ok, but then when I go back to load it later it tells me the file can’t be found. Obviously doing something wrong. Could someone please guide me thru the process (simpler terms the better) or perhaps direct me to previous posts that might contain the info I’m looking for. Thanks!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 21, 2009 @ 11:09 AM
TheDukester
Total Posts:  3345
Joined  01-18-2003

Re: Saving voice banks

Saving to an ALL File is always the safest way to Retain your work.
Did you “NAME” your File?
Another tip: Learn to use your Voice Editor and creat backups in your computer.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 21, 2009 @ 01:14 PM
BradWeber
Total Posts:  14986
Joined  07-26-2002

There are several possible issues that could be the root cause of your problem.[list][*]When you attempt to load the data from the (presumably) previously saved file it’s possible that you are specifying the wrong device. The Motif ES supports saving and loading data on both SmartMedia CARDs and USB devices. It’s possible that you could be trying to load data from an SmartMedia Card when it was saved on a USB device. You specify the device you want to load data from (or save data to) by setting the Current field in the [FILE]-->[F1] CONFIG-->[SF1] CURRENT dialog to the appropriate value (CARD or USB).

[*]You could be specifying the wrong data TYPE when you attempt to reload the voices. The file system for the Motif ES is data type specific. If, for example, you specify a data TYPE of VOICE in the [FILE]-->[F3] LOAD dialog, then the ES will only display files that can contain voices (ALL or ALL VOICE files). Similarly, if you specify a data TYPE of SONG the ES will only display files that can contain songs (ALL, ALL SONG or SMF - standard MIDI file).

If you want to load voices into the Motif ES, make sure that you specify the correct data TYPE (VOICE, ALL VOICE, or - if you want to load all of the User data - ALL).

[*]Similarly, it is possible that you specified the wrong data TYPE (in the [FILE]-->[F2] SAVE dialog) when you attempted to save the Voices. For example, if you saved ALL SONGS and then attempted to load ALL VOICES, you would not be able to find the voices.[/list:u]Hope this helps.

Regards,

Brad Weber /forums/images/icons/cool.gif alt=

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 23, 2009 @ 08:18 AM
terkster
Total Posts:  0
Joined  10-02-2008

Hey, thanks for the info guys! I haven’t had a chance to get to try it yet but hopefully in the next few days.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Change the pitch via foot control
Next Topic:

Short tutorial on GM files ››