mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Setting Up my external effects"

Posted on: January 21, 2009 @ 04:11 AM
One Yammy Dude
Total Posts:  0
Joined  04-17-2007

I admit I could use help with this.  So, would someone kindly offer the BEST way to set up the following effets routing plan (step by step):

My effects processor is the Eventide H8000.  I am using the ADAT 8 ins/outs. 

I would like to set up the Eventide as an external effects in Cubase 4 utilizing all 8 ins/outs.

Thanks…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 22, 2009 @ 03:45 AM
One Yammy Dude
Joined  04-17-2007

Re: Setting Up my external effects

bump

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 22, 2009 @ 06:49 AM
Wellie
Total Posts:  6215
Joined  05-09-2003

How are you routing the effects from Cubase? Or is that the real heart of your question?

If you wish to use the ADAT in/outs of the Eventide, you will need a soundcard with suitable ASIO drivers which will provide your MAC/PC with similar ADAT in/out.

If you have that soundcard, what then is your question?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 22, 2009 @ 07:41 AM
One Yammy Dude
Joined  04-17-2007

Thanks for reply Wellie.  Fireface 800.  The external routing is good between PC and interface.  I just wanted to read a “best case 8 in/8out effects configuration” of the Cubase 4 software buss routing, send/return etc, etc setup.  Question might be better in the Cubase forums and I will try to get a post going there also. 

Thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 22, 2009 @ 08:24 AM
Wellie
Total Posts:  6215
Joined  05-09-2003

You set busses up in the device setup pages and I guess you would want to set up either 8 mono or perhaps 4 stereo busses (Or perhaps some combination of the two.)

Once those busses are setup, they should be available as routing options when you click on the boxes to the RHS of the EQ in the window you get when you click on the little ‘e’ in each of the channels.

I have not done this myself, but maybe some other users have and can confirm that this is how to get it all going.

Cheers

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Cubase does not start
Next Topic:

SteinbergUsers ››