mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif ES won’t boot…please help!!!"

Posted on: January 20, 2009 @ 06:29 PM
miamigroove
Total Posts:  92
Joined  01-12-2005

Happy new year to all ! Been a while since I posted, but I still love and use my ES often. Unfortunately, a VERY bad thing happened today. I turned it on, and it comes up with the “YAMAHA” splash screen and just hangs there, and never completes boots up. I tried reloading the OS by holding ‘REC’ and ‘STORE’ on power up, it went through the process and asked me to reboot but the same thing happened again afterward.

I gotta say, this is REALLY frustrating for me. I spent the whole weekend programming new patches and now I can’t even use them. I am praying this is not going to have to go to the repair shop. I’ve had to bring it in 3 times in the 5 years i’ve owned it and as much as I love this synth and Yamaha, this may just be the last straw. I dont even gig with this, it stays in an AC smoke-free studio. I much prefer Yamaha sounds over brand “R” but let’s face it, there usually aren’t this many worries about the brand ‘R” turning on - even when the synths are 30+ years old.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 20, 2009 @ 06:39 PM
SpongeBob
Total Posts:  1588
Joined  11-19-2006

Re: Motif ES won’t boot...please help!!!

Make sure nothing but the power cord is attached, and try it again. Midi conflicts will cause a hang like that.

Bob

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Which OS on my Motif ES6
Next Topic:

Motif to ES conversion ››