mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Midi Playback with protools"

Posted on: January 20, 2009 @ 09:41 AM
chadevansmusic@yahoo.com
Total Posts:  0
Joined  10-30-2008

I have my Mo6 connected to my PC with a USB connection.  I have set the utility settings to sync the midi with a PC (per the user manual).  I have created a midi track in protools and when I arm the track for recording, I see the meter move when I hit a key on the MO6.  I record the track and I see protools recording the midi track and all the notes I played are shown on the computer.  I stop recording, then playback the recording and I cannot hear the playback.  I see the meter moving, but no sound.  I understand that what is being played back is not audio, but just notes that I previosuly played, but if I have my headphones plugged into the MO6, should I not hear the playback?  I do not think this is a protools issue, cause it obviously recorded the midi and is playing it back.  I think I am missing a setting on the MO6 that allows me to hear the audio.  The end result I am looking for is to record the midi into protools, play it back through the MO6 and then record the audio in Protools on another track. 

Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 21, 2009 @ 06:42 AM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007

Re: Midi Playback with protools

You could record MIDI data in any DAW (including Protools) even if you are in Voice mode, since while recording you send MIDI notes over ch1. But, in order to hear your recordings from some DAW, you should go to Song/Pattern mode and set MIDI sync to MIDI.

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 22, 2009 @ 09:04 AM
chadevansmusic@yahoo.com
Joined  10-30-2008

The keyboard is in song mode and I have set the midi sync to midi and I am still not hearing any sound.  Do you have any other ideas?

Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 22, 2009 @ 01:32 PM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007

Did you check MIDI settings for your MIDI track? If you could record, than your MIDI in is set to Yamaha-USB-01 (or similar). If you could not hear anything, maybe MIDI out channel is not set correctly. At this moment, I’m not near keaybord (I’ll be tomorrow), so maybe than I could realize what is your problem.

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 23, 2009 @ 04:34 AM
chadevansmusic@yahoo.com
Joined  10-30-2008

Protools is set to output midi on all channels.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Communication
Next Topic:

Motif to ES conversion ››