mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Sixty-Six"

Posted on: January 19, 2009 @ 03:57 PM
jgh548
Total Posts:  0
Joined  06-02-2004

Hi folks,

I’ve just completed an entire album using just the Motif ES, Pro Tools and various drum loops. I’ve gone for a natural, acoustic almost orchestral sound and I think the Motif has acquitted itself perfectly. So flexible as a sound source! I have even avoided having to get a guitarist in as the patches on the Motif (acoustics particularly) are so convincing in a mix!

I thought I’d share this one selection with you. It is a cynical jibe at the 1960’s done in the style of Tears for Fears’ Sowing the Seeds of Love (sort of). Apologies for my lousy singing, but I hope you enjoy the textures the Motif provides.

Sixty Six .mp3 - 9.64MB

There’s more at [url=http://www.myspace.com/jghackettsongs]http://www.myspace.com/jghackettsongs. [/url]

Enjoy.

Best,

John

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 20, 2009 @ 03:16 AM
The Funk Master
Total Posts:  3686
Joined  11-26-2007

Re: Sixty-Six

Wow John, this is awsome, I really dig it.
Got that old school feeling about it, nice and clean mix as well.
All on the ES huh, dang maybe I need to turn mine back on.
I did not really get a chance to know the ES, then I got the XS. LOL

What did you use for harmony on your vocals, nice job.

Thanks for sharing your work.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 20, 2009 @ 06:19 AM
jgh548
Total Posts:  0
Joined  06-02-2004

Re: Sixty-Six

Hi mate - so glad you like the song. It is meant to sound old school so I’m glad you picked up on that. I wish there was more old style stuff in the mainstream - I grew up in the 80’s and loved all that tuneful pop stuff!

Yes, all the instrument sounds bar the drums are the ES. It’s a great bit of kit isn’t it? The drums are from the Beta Monkey collection of samples, although they are mixed in with ES samples in places.

I think the french horn part really shows off how well Yamaha do orchestral sounds. It is so mellifluous and characterful in its tone. Beautiful, usable real sounds.

The vocal harmonies were produced with the Orange Vocoder plugin, set to “vox” and with the treble reduced for a more lifelike sound as opposed to the Kraftwerk-style robotic voice!

I notice you have a MySpace page too - I’ll jolly well check it out.

Thanks so much for listening - I really appreciate it.

John

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Seduction (Vampire)
Next Topic:

Cherry Red Corvette ››