mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Backing up Smart Card"

Posted on: January 18, 2009 @ 02:44 PM
julkeys
Total Posts:  24
Joined  01-07-2009

I have a smart card for my Motif 7.  I have stored songs to the card which also have a guitar performance recorded to it via a wav file.  I wanted to back the Smart Card up to my PC for archiving.  When I hook my PC to the Motif and backup using the File Utility, it takes forever to back the song up (hours).  Is there another way to backup the smartcard?  I do have a Smartmedi USB poret Reader/Writer (Digitech) which I though I could plug into my PC and then put the SMartcard in to backup.  However, when I plug the Reader/Writer into my PC I can see it as hardware, but when I put the Smartcard in it is not recognized.  Can you give me another way to back up this data or tell me what I may be doing wrong with the Reader/Writer...thank you

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 18, 2009 @ 10:34 PM
sciuriware
Total Posts:  9999
Joined  08-18-2003

Re: Backing up Smart Card

Windows 2000 and XP should recognize an SMC instantly.
Check your reader.
Is it a multi-card reader? Use the right slot and the right side up.

;JOOP!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 19, 2009 @ 05:24 AM
julkeys
Joined  01-07-2009

Is only has one slot, so there is not a choice as to where to put it.  I inserted the card with the label up, the same way I insert it in the Motif.  I’ll give it a try again.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 19, 2009 @ 12:07 PM
julkeys
Joined  01-07-2009

I found out that the card inserts into the reader opposite of how it inserts into the Motif. So, it was upside down..thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 19, 2009 @ 01:07 PM
sciuriware
Total Posts:  9999
Joined  08-18-2003

Glad you didn’t have to turn your Motif upside down.

;JOOP!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 20, 2009 @ 05:41 AM
julkeys
Joined  01-07-2009

I can barely lift it on my own....let alone flip it /forums/images/icons/smile.gif alt=

Thanks for the help...everything is backed up and alot faster than using the USB connection.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ problem motif es 6
Next Topic:

USB Flash drive trouble shooting ››