mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "ouput problems"

Posted on: January 18, 2009 @ 11:35 AM
muismans
Total Posts:  0
Joined  05-31-2005

Hello,

I haven’t used my motif es 7 for two years and i know I’m a bit rusty, but I have an interesting problem : yesterday I was setting up my motif in the rehearsel room to begin playing with a new band and when I hooked up to the PA system there was on sound coming out of it ...  after a few curses I managed to ge a sound out of is by playing the demo mode song… everything out the sequencer is comming out just fine but for the standard sounds it doesn’t work ...
I have tried everything (that I could think of).  I checked with these sounds what the output level is and it was set to the maximum, there were no assignable outputs used for the sounds and the cables were fine (because the demo mode was playing just fine) ... anybody an idea (cause I’m supposed to play tomorrow evening ...)

Greetings,

Frank

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 18, 2009 @ 02:12 PM
BradWeber
Total Posts:  14986
Joined  07-26-2002

Re: ouput problems

Frank,

Is it possible that you have “LocalCtrl” in the [UTILITY]-->[F5] MIDI-->[SF2] SWITCH dialog set to OFF? This will cause the keybed and controllers to be disconnected from the Motif ES’s internal tone generator. (Local Control off is the normal mode when you are connected to a computer DAW as the DAW will typically echo whatever MIDI data it sees from the keybed and controller (on MIDI IN) back to MIDI OUT (and the internal tone generator). Try setting this parameter to ON and then storing the value change (by pressing [STORE]).

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Brad Weber

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 19, 2009 @ 12:32 AM
muismans
Joined  05-31-2005

Hello Brad,

This could be it !!  I remember that when I used my motif with the last band I was playing I linked it with my yamaha piano with the midi cable and played it trough the piano ...

I’m going to the rehearsel room and try this out !
thanks for the quick reply !

Franky

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 19, 2009 @ 04:25 AM
muismans
Joined  05-31-2005

yep, that did the trick !!
thanks for saving me the embarecement !

Frank

[ Ignore ]