mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "synchronizing cubase 4 to record motif es audio"

Posted on: January 17, 2009 @ 05:33 PM
teeco
Total Posts:  0
Joined  04-06-2004

Hi guy’s i want to record the output of a motif es into cubase 4. Ive gone to project synchronization setup under the transport menu and ticked (Yamaha motif es1) in the midi clock out option section and thats all i’ve done in the synchronization page. In the motif’s utility’s menu under midi i’ve selected (midi) in the midi sync option, clock out i’ve selected (off), and for sequencer control i’ve selected (in). Under SF4 (other page) i’ve selected (USB) and under SF2 i’ve tried both local on and off. By the way i’m using a yamaha usb midi lead to connect between a laptop and the motif. The other devices being used are a steinberg mr816csx and a CC121 if that makes a difference. What am i doing wrong, i just want to press record in cubase and have the motif start the same time.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 18, 2009 @ 11:50 AM
teeco
Total Posts:  0
Joined  04-06-2004

Re: synchronizing cubase 4 to record motif es audio

Ok guy’s got it sorted. i had to go in vst connections open up the external instrument tab where i have the motif. When i opened up the motif sub tab i found it said (not connected). I then clicked on the not connected tab where it then gave me the option to select (yamaha steinberg fw asio) i selected that where i was then able to sync the motif to cubase, now i can press record on the CC121 controller and the motif will synchro start. I also had to go to synchro setup under the transport tab and select (Yamaha MOTIF ES-1) for both midi time code and midi clock out and then under utility’s in motif leave local control on, device number set to (all), midi sync set to (midi), clock out (off), sequencer control set to (in) and under the (OTHER) tab set midi in/out to (usb).

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Thanks Everyone!
Next Topic:

SteinbergUsers ››