mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "please help, Cubase AI does not start"

Posted on: January 16, 2009 @ 09:05 AM
Charli
Total Posts:  51
Joined  05-28-2008

Hi, I really need your help friends!!!

I bought a new laptop ACER with XP sp 2. 1 GB RAM, 1.8 duo, and so on. I gave up my older PC that I used for my daw were my XS 6 was connected via USB and where I used to make music in Cubase AI that came with my XS when I bought it a year ago. I installed the cubase AI on my new laptop and started it but here comes the problem - it did not start. It says “runtime error, floating point support not loaded"…

I think it can be a lisence problem? or? I have no idea. I reinstalled it but it says the same.

For the information: I remember that when I installed that very Cubase AI on my old PC (that is not here with me anymore) I registered on My steinberg website, created an account, got a lisence and so on. but then recently spmething went wrong with my PC and computer guys just cleared everything and installed the new windows on it. then I got anewer and stronger laptop and just want to replace my old pc with it.

Please, I need to go on with my projects as soon as possible, Does anybody know what can be the problem, lisence? anything else?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 16, 2009 @ 11:17 AM
frankE
Total Posts:  5350
Joined  12-23-2002

Re: please help, Cubase AI does not start

Yes, please contact Steinberg support in your country. You need a licence to run Cubase and right now you obviously don’t have a licenced version on your computer. One thing you can consider for the future is to buy a dongle and transfer your licence over to it. That way when you switch computers etc., your licence is always safe and available when you reload or whatever.
Second, while you can do some things with Cubase with only 1 GB RAM (minimum spec.)....just ask the amazing Wellie /forums/images/icons/smile.gif alt= .....I would suggest that you consider adding another GB RAM to your machine.
You also don’t mention which digital audio interface you are using, so that and its ASIO have to be considered as well.
Anyway, get a licence first, and then report back after that if you have more problems..................frank

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 17, 2009 @ 08:59 AM
Charli
Joined  05-28-2008

Thanks a lot for advice, but I am affraid we do not have a steinberg representation or something like that in my country -Tbilisi, Georgia. I am totally embarrassed and dissapointed.

Can you give me the link where should I address, whrite an E-mail explaining what happend or something like that… As I have a legal version of cubase and because of my stupidness I can not use it any more… I can not afford buying another cubase, and I need to intagrate my XS6 with cubase again.

There should be a way out? anybody?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 17, 2009 @ 09:33 AM
frankE
Total Posts:  5350
Joined  12-23-2002

Sorry, but I can’t find any Steinberg support links for your country. Where did you buy your synth? Perhaps contact your dealer and perhaps they can link you to either Yamaha or Steinberg support for your area. How did you register the software in the first instance? In any case, please have a look at this page at the Steinberg site. It should direct you to a distributor for Steinberg products near your country that can assist. They may redirect you to Yamaha since Yamaha supplies AI, but they will inform you about what to do.......................frank

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 21, 2009 @ 05:47 AM
Charli
Joined  05-28-2008

thanks a lot FankE

I found a forum on my steinberg site, and posted my problem there… I hope they can give me the assistance… anyway I thank Yamaha for this forum, for its bissness and of course for a briliant workstaion motif xs /forums/images/icons/smile.gif alt=

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 28, 2009 @ 04:40 AM
Charli
Joined  05-28-2008

problem solved, got a new licence and activation code in my steiberg

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Novice problems with MIDI
Next Topic:

SteinbergUsers ››