mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Novice problems with MIDI"

Posted on: January 15, 2009 @ 01:53 PM
markpg
Total Posts:  0
Joined  01-05-2009

Hi,

Thanks again for previous help with my Yamaha audio device, which is now working fine.

I am now trying to setup a MIDI keyboard to Cubase AI4 on my PC and am having a couple of problems.

I have a Yamaha UX16 USB MIDI connector. Drivers have been installed. I have selected this as the input routing in Cubase.

For the output routing I have selected HALionOne. When I press a key on the keyboard, a MIDI signal is shown visually on the level meters, but I don’t hear any sound.

Alternatively, I have selected Microsoft Wavetable Synth as the output. When I press a key, there is a sound (a piano) through my PC speakers (via onboard sound card) but with a whopping latency.

In Device Setup, ASIO DirectX Full Duplex Driver is selected.

What I was hoping for was to be able to ‘play’ HALionOne in real-time. So that when it says ‘Alto Sax’ I can hear ‘Alto Sax’ etc.

I’m also confused about what this Wavetable Synth is ... how would I select different voices? And how would I get the latency down?

A few minutes later ...

I can hear the synth now. Don’t know what’s changed exactly. However there is still a huge latency. In Device Setup, the ASIO DirectX Full Duplex Driver reports an input latency of 0ms and an output latency of 46ms. The latency sounds like about half a second. It’s very bad.

?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 15, 2009 @ 02:41 PM
frankE
Total Posts:  5350
Joined  12-23-2002

Re: Novice problems with MIDI

Hi,
If you c/o the specifications for the current version ofCubase, you will note that you need a suitable digital audio interface with its own solid ASIO driver. None of the audio driver settings you are choosing will work. Suitable audio interfaces are available from manufacturers such as RME, M-Audio, Presonus, and Yamaha. For example if you were using an M-Audi Delta 1010, the ASIO driver you would use would be the ‘Delta 1010 ASIO’. Please note too that on board audio devices and consumer sound cards should not be used with this version of Cubase (this is supposed to change in Cubase 5, but it won’t affect the version of Cubase you have). Once you have a suitable interface, many of the problems you are experiencing will disappear. HTH............frank

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Cubase 5 announced
Next Topic:

SteinbergUsers ››