mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Best voice bank for orchestrations in a metal band"

Posted on: January 15, 2009 @ 12:28 PM
Aaronjw
Total Posts:  16
Joined  01-15-2009

I occasionally jam with some guys, playing metal, me on my MO8.  So far, I’ve just been using the factory voices to make my performances and a few EQ edits of factory voices.  But now I realize I can buy voice banks, that may sound better than what came with it originally.  So, the “Orchestr’ale” voice bank available in the Motifmart looks and sound good, but I was wondering what you guys thought.  Would it be good for playing with a metal band?  Are there any better ones?  Or should I just stick with the factory voices?

Basically, I’m trying to play in the style of Kamelot and Nightwish, just so you know what I’m talking about.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 18, 2009 @ 01:04 AM
papaphoenix
Total Posts:  1614
Joined  03-09-2004

Re: Best voice bank for orchestrations in a metal band

Thank you for your interest about Orchestr’Ale, i co-produce the bank with Alessandro.
I don’t play metal so i don’t use the bank in this music style, you can use it in different styles when you need strings, brass or woods.

The big interest of Orchestr’ale is that the voices don’t use insertion effects, Alessandro have done is programmation of each element who compose a voice for not using the ins FX.
Like you have 3 voices maximum with ins FX on the MO in performance or song/multi, Orchestr’Ale provide you to have the same sound in voice mode & performance/song/pattern mode.
In this way you can also use others voices in the same times like leads, pads, synth bass who can keep they ins Fx like Orchestr’Ale don’t need them.

The second point is the volume control, you can control the volume by MW, ou FC pedal (and BC3 if you have a way to connect it : midi solution box or Other keyboard with bc3 entry)
It’s very easy to add/remove Orchestr’Ale voices by using the MW or another controler on gig.

See my video here on my youtube channel

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLi0XMVLiyE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLi0XMVLiyE [/url]

For MO you have also another good bank :
Stage & Studio from Easy sounds who contain string voices without sample so you can use it on your MO.
Stage & studio is a generalist bank with a large panel of different voices from piano, electric piano, bass, guitars, organ, string, brass, synth ......
Stage & studio use insertion effects and dont have the direct control of the voice volume like Orchestr"Ale.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ MO6 follow up?
Next Topic:

MO and Motif ES compatibility ››