mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Cubase 5 announced"

Page 3 of 3
Posted on: January 22, 2009 @ 08:54 AM
Wellie
Total Posts:  6215
Joined  05-09-2003

Re: Cubase 5 announced

Well, it seems to me that your nice spangly music PC is more than capable to manage what you are likely to want to do.

To give you a comparison, I am working happily on a slower (1.86GHz) Dual core machine with only 1Gb RAM.

You have possibly a quad core which gives you twice my processing power (if the program is able to use it and I think Cubase can - though your spec is slightly confusing as to whether it is a Dual core or quad core) plus you are operating at a clock speed roughly 30% faster. Your 4Gb RAM is as much as XP can handle. Hard drives these days are easily added to with USB2 or firewire drives.

I only start to get issues when I am running a lot of tracks with a lot of processing. My immediate need is for more RAM - 1Gb is just not quite enough!! But you should have plenty for now.

So, you are more than ready for C5.

Get it, install it, enjoy it and rave about it:)

The vocal tuning section looks very ‘melodyne-ish’. I am very much looking forward to that and the groove agent stuff and will have to save pennies for an upgrade:)

All the best

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 22, 2009 @ 09:33 AM
TheDukester
Total Posts:  3345
Joined  01-18-2003

WOW,FrankE!!!! (How do you guys find all this stuff?)
I “think” this will be helpful. Good thing I have some time to prepare before the program comes out. Giving it the “once over”, I think I’ll be cool.Verrrry detailed but seems simple enough. Thanks for the link!!!

Brother Wellie, thanks for the vote of confidence. Seems like the more I learn about this whole thing, the more I find I “don’t” know. The Vocal editor intrigues me as well.

Again, thank you for your time and help. Know that it is greatly appreciated!!!
Earl....TheDukester

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 23, 2009 @ 06:07 AM
Wellie
Total Posts:  6215
Joined  05-09-2003

Duke,

Frank’s link is a good one because it assumes that you are not a geek and gives useful reasons as to why a thing is to be done and stuff.

A lot of these ideas are what are picked up over years of frustrating PC use where you have had to work out why something that shoudl work plainly doesn’t work, and then the joy of discovery and elation as you get it to function - ah! Glory!

It is also worth looking at the Sound on sound site for Windows tweaks and XP tweaks and even Cubase tweaks cos they test them out and tell you which ones are useful and which ones are just fairy tales.

All the best with C5 when it arrives (wow, almost poetry!!)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 23, 2009 @ 07:24 AM
TheDukester
Total Posts:  3345
Joined  01-18-2003

Brother Wellie…
I did fond the SOS article and have added the link FrankE posted to my favorites (will probably print it out later today. “Old eyes” sometimes needs hard copy).

Though I had loaded the computer I’m using at this moment to handle music,I kept having issues when I first got SE3 and, for the life of me, couldn’t figure out what the problems were. Yeah, some of it was I didn’t know what I was doing,but then again, there were issues with the system. A conversation with a local guy who records with DAW told me that I had a system with too much “stuff” in it; Photoshop, Print Master, Micrographix,Scanner,Printer,Office Pro yadda yadda yadda. So I “talked my wife” into letting me get a dedicated computer for music. I don’t have all that stuff in it. So far,it has worked quite smoothly and the only issues I’ve encounterd is not knowing what I’m doing. THAT I can handle (with the help of my MoBros).

Thanks again,Gents!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 30, 2009 @ 01:07 PM
Gerry
Total Posts:  2
Joined  05-17-2006

I read over at Cubase.net that Cubase 5 is programmed with Unicode and someone asked a question Does this new driver architecture support the mLAN drivers currently out?

Have to be honest and say I do not understand any of it :-) but can I assume that mLAN which is working fine for me on C4.52 with a Yamaha 01X, Rack ES and KX61 will be fine with C5?

Yup I know its not wise to assume anything hence the question.

Gerry

[ Ignore ]  

Gerry
Joined  05-17-2006

I read over at Cubase.net that Cubase 5 is programmed with Unicode and someone asked a question Does this new driver architecture support the mLAN drivers currently out?

Have to be honest and say I do not understand any of it :-) but can I assume that mLAN which is working fine for me on C4.52 with a Yamaha 01X, Rack ES and KX61 will be fine with C5?

Gerry

[ Ignore ]  

Gerry
Joined  05-17-2006

Gerry

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 31, 2009 @ 05:56 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Yes, of course, it works great. We’ll let you know when to worry /forums/images/icons/smile.gif alt=

As to Background Services - in the setup guides for mLAN you are instructed to set your XP computer for Background Services.

Because mLAN is acting as your computer’s AUDIO Interface (for all audio functions) ... for other tips on optimizing your system when using mLAN please see the following mLAN Installation Guide: mLAN Driver / mLAN Tools Installation Guide See page 22

http://files.keyfax.com/forums/user-files/437836-BackgroundServices.JPG

[ Ignore ]  

Page 3 of 3

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Steinberg Dongle?
Next Topic:

SteinbergUsers ››