mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "XS Sample Pack: Alto Vib Velo"

Posted on: January 15, 2009 @ 10:42 AM
motif8mine
Total Posts:  1743
Joined  10-22-2004

On first impression:

The ‘S700 for XS’ remains my favorite piano choice in the XS (that and the S700 Dark) ...

The brass sections and individual horns to my ear are infinitely better than the stock XS brass / woodwinds… I can now envision saving money on a brass soft synth…

The scats are a good starting point and have at least inspired me to do my own scat samples (not enough syllables for me to make them workable)…

But, has anyone noticed that the Alto Vib Velo (User 1:015) renders no sound after engaging AF1 or AF2? the AF1 is supposed to switch between mono / poly and the AF2 reverb send…

No new notes sound after latching AF1… No new notes sound after latching AF2, however is does effect the release of the reverb…

Last of all,
Is there a list anywhere of what exactly comes in the sample banks?
In editing Logic to call up the correct instrument names, a list would be greatly appreciated…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 15, 2009 @ 01:41 PM
Jote
Total Posts:  1549
Joined  07-29-2002

Re: XS Sample Pack: Alto Vib Velo

There’s a programming mistake in this voice. All elements’ “XA control” is set to “all AF off” instead of “normal”, that’s why they refuse to sound when AF1/AF2 is on.

Press [EDIT], then [PART SELECT 1], then [F1] and change “XA control” to normal. Do this for every active element using PART SELECT 1-4

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 15, 2009 @ 02:38 PM
motif8mine
Joined  10-22-2004

Thanks Jote,
I’ve already corrected it. I mainly mentioned that in case the programmers wanted to correct the download file…

Peace…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 17, 2009 @ 06:17 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

I would not be so quick to assume it is a “programming mistake”. If the Voice is used in combination with other saxophone or brass sounds building an ensemble or section (in PERFORMANCE mode), programming the Voices so that they are silent when an AF1 or AF2 button is pressed is a way you can switch between the ensemble and just the solo alto saxophone.

Please see the Behind the Manual area on the Motif XS Home Page for articles that discuss how the AF buttons and XA Control can allow you to switch/transition between Elements. If you remember that a Performance is a combination of several Voices, if you want to have the alto transition to another sound, it is very much a programming function to use the XA exactly as it is in the Alto Vib Velo Voice. Just FYI

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 17, 2009 @ 07:04 AM
motif8mine
Joined  10-22-2004

Thanks Bad_Mister,

I never use Performance Mode so the idea of a voice being created specifically for this mode never entered my mind. Well, I tested it when going through the articles you mentioned but, I settled on utilizing transitions in voice and song mode. It’s more in keeping with the way that I work…

Anyway, I guess that’s why I thought a small pdf or something describing the voices or their intended use might be helpful- alerting us to voices created for transitions, etc… I guess the mono /poly setting threw me off. I was demoing that function on a few of the voices before I got the this one…

Besides that, I’m absolutely loving that added functionality these voices provide… Now, on to figuring out which of these voices make it into my autoload and which current voices got to go to make room…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 03, 2009 @ 10:08 AM
Jote
Total Posts:  1549
Joined  07-29-2002

I would not be so quick to assume it is a “programming mistake”. If the Voice is used in combination with other saxophone or brass sounds building an ensemble or section (in PERFORMANCE mode), programming the Voices so that they are silent when an AF1 or AF2 button is pressed is a way you can switch between the ensemble and just the solo Alto saxophone.

Then why is “Mono/Poly” assigned to AF1 if the voice is not meant to sound while AF1 is on?

Either “all AF off” or “Mono/Poly” is wrong. It IS a programming mistake.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 03, 2009 @ 12:58 PM
Yamaha_US
Total Posts:  2540
Joined  07-19-2002

Having wrote the Voice, Jote is right, It’s a mistake and we’ll fix it soon, but in the meantime, the above post mentions how to fix it.  Remember these Voices were done as a marketing promotion so we didn’t run them through Yamaha’s official QC, we just tried to check them the best we could to get the up on the site.  Thanks for the feedback, it’s nice to know that people are digging into the files and checking them out.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Help - can only record audio to song on track 1
Next Topic:

What’s New... ››