mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "New Motif XS Sounds from Digital Sound Factory"

Posted on: January 14, 2009 @ 04:24 PM
Digital Sound Factory
Total Posts:  4
Joined  10-27-2008

Hi All,

Please allow me to introduce myself to the forum and also inform you about new Motif XS sounds now available and coming shortly. My name is Tim Swartz and I produced the E-MU Emulator and Proteus sound libraries.  Last year, my company, Digital Sound Factory negotiated an exclusive agreement with E-MU to re master the original content into alternate formats. These are our first four Motif collections and we have plans to offer many more. The sound of the Motif XS is absolutely incredible and we are very excited to be part of the Yamaha community. We also offer SoundFont libraries that are compatible with HALion, Cubase, and most digital audio workstations. [url=http://www.DigitalSoundFactory.com]http://www.DigitalSoundFactory.com [/url]
Due to the file size, you will need a Motif XS with user RAM expanded to at least 512 megabytes.

Best Regards,

Tim

Digital Sound Factory World XSpedition World Instrument Collection – Now Available

The World XSpedition for Motif XS has 127 user voices and contains 468 megabytes of strings, winds, and percussion instruments from around the globe originally recorded for the E-MU Planet Earth sound module. Each instrument is featured in the pure form along with many other worldly variations. All samples are designed to allow for as much of the natural decay as possible. Stringed and Percussion instruments are multi sampled and layered to allow for velocity cross switch between layers for ultimate realism. African melodic and percussion, Chinese and India winds, Russian strings, and steel percussion instruments will color musical compositions with old world harmonic textures. There are also samples from the Emulator II made famous by Peter Gabriel. This collection brings inspiring elements that weave the old world into the new world. A free example download is available.
Free Example - [url=http://www.motifator.com/motifxs/motifxspanded.php]http://www.motifator.com/motifxs/motifxspanded.php [/url]
Full Version - [url=http://www.motifator.com/mart/mainframe.htm]http://www.motifator.com/mart/mainframe.htm [/url]

Digital Sound Factory Steinway Model L Motif XS Grand Piano – Now Available

The Steinway Model L Motif XS Grand Piano is 370 megabytes of meticulously recorded samples of a beautiful piano used on numerous recordings at Whip Records in the San Francisco Bay area. Using Neumann U67 microphones and high quality pre amps, every note was recorded at 24 bit resolution. The sample content was critiqued for the best recordings and then loaded into the Motif’s sample memory. Each note is represented at three velocities delivering the true realism and natural sound expected from a real grand piano. The Motif programming parameters are used to map the layers to re create the most realistic grand piano available in a hardware sampler.
[url=http://www.motifator.com/mart/mainframe.htm]http://www.motifator.com/mart/mainframe.htm [/url]

Digital Sound Factory Motif XS Symphonic Strings – End of January

This new Motif XS library consists of 190 user voices, utilizing 450 megabytes of authentic string samples. The Seattle Symphony was recorded to collect source content for the E-MU Virtuoso Orchestral sound module. It just so happens that this is the same symphony hall the Motif internal ROM strings were recorded. This collection not only adds new content, but enhances the existing Motif string sections. Very few compromises where made to the sample data allowing for the ultimate realism. Large and small groups of Basses, Celli, Violas, and Violins are included along with Legato, Marcato, Pizzicato, Spiccato, and Major Trills.
The players were recorded with four pairs of microphone through high quality convertors at 24 bit resolution. The sample content was then critiqued for the best performance and then loaded into the Motif’s sample memory. The Motif programming parameters are used to map each section to re create the most realistic orchestra available in a hardware sampler. The assignable function buttons are used to quickly select various playing styles.

Digital Sound Factory Vocal XSpressions – Mid February

Vocal XSpressions is a collection of 127 user programs consisting of 350 megabytes of vocal ensembles, vocal hooks, synth voices, & effects. The vocal ensembles were originally recorded by the Ensoniq sound design team for the Ensoniq line of keyboards. Portions were used for various keyboards, but the entire collection was never released. The sections consist of men, women, men & women singing oohs, ahhs, doo, mmm, and more. We have also included Mellotron men/women/boys, a beat box guy, vocal hooks from the ASR, and phrases from the E-MU Mo’ Phatt sound module. This XS bank represents a large cross section of vocal content waiting to enhance your music.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 14, 2009 @ 05:42 PM
karlman23
Total Posts:  167
Joined  09-30-2007

Re: New Motif XS Sounds from Digital Sound Factory

Welcome to the forum! Your products look excellent!! Looking forward to them!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 14, 2009 @ 10:43 PM
papaphoenix
Total Posts:  1614
Joined  03-09-2004

Welcome on the forum and thank you for the annoucement of your future release.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 15, 2009 @ 03:39 AM
Sérgio Ricardo
Total Posts:  47
Joined  10-08-2006

And Motif ES, nothing???

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 15, 2009 @ 06:34 AM
msavard
Total Posts:  200
Joined  07-22-2004

Any plans to release the Ensoniq libraries for the XS?

Matt

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 16, 2009 @ 07:58 AM
Astral
Total Posts:  1167
Joined  01-26-2007

E-MU Planet X- the green box? I remember it. I still have it. It survived on my rig entire 3 weeks, was never used in any of songs and was almost useless. I hope it sounds better inside Motif, because when it is freestanding in E-Mu box, it sounded like all the sounds that did not make it in to other modules, were thrown in the green box. And I do use lots of ethnic elements in my music- that’s why I bought the Planet X in a first place. But may be I should give it another listen- it stored under my bed from 2000 or somewhere around that time. Now if you had MoPhat, Orchestral and Extream Lead sounds- I could of consider it.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 17, 2009 @ 08:12 PM
moosethree
Total Posts:  11
Joined  07-18-2008

The world expedition rom or Planet Earth Sound Module had only 32mb of rom: much less than the World Xspedition sample set:  even then at Harmony Central, and the Synthsite the reviewers all gave it very high ratings.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 18, 2009 @ 08:10 AM
Synthgeek
Total Posts:  668
Joined  11-18-2003

If you doubt the quality of world expedition just try the demo sounds with the free digital sound factory download.

The vocal bank is really needed for XS so I am glad that is on the list.

MoPhat please!!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 19, 2009 @ 10:45 AM
Digital Sound Factory
Total Posts:  4
Joined  10-27-2008

Thank you for the warm welcome. Sorry about the delayed response. I just returned from the NAMM show. The World XSpedition content was originally recorded by Ed Mann (Frank Zappa percussionist), and were not leftovers from the other modules.  Ed is an audio perfectionist, so you can be assured this is high quality content.  Crunching the waveforms to 32 mb for the ROM is never an easy task with many compromises. I commend Ed for a great job creating the Planet Earth sound ROM. As SynthGeek says, check out the free download and then make up your mind.

Yes, we are planning on releasing the Proteus, Emulator, and Ensoniq libraries in XS format. Please stay tuned.

Best Regards,

Tim

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 19, 2009 @ 11:05 AM
Astral
Total Posts:  1167
Joined  01-26-2007

Ok- I will get the Planet out from under the bed one more time and give it another listen- its been long a while. I was wondering about 32 Mb of waveforms. I will check it out and share my feelings. Thanks for reply. MoPhat sounds, please?

[ Ignore ]