mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Recording Voice and Memory"

Posted on: January 13, 2009 @ 01:30 PM
VilleFan1
Total Posts:  29
Joined  02-24-2005

I would really like to use my ES8 to record some vocals but cannot afford to use up all my memory on my SmartCard. Does anyone have any advice for how to get around this? Use a USB? Use the keyboard memory?

Lastly, is there a way to check the amount of memory left on the SmartCard?

Thanks very much for your help.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 13, 2009 @ 05:20 PM
TheDukester
Total Posts:  3345
Joined  01-18-2003

Re: Recording Voice and Memory

First off you need to install the memory needed for Vocal Recording. DIMM chips is the way you expand memory in the ES.
MOTIF MART Under the “Memory and Storage” section, look for MEK either 512 or 1G. You can install these yourself. This will give you the memory you will need to do Vocals in your ES.

I would also suggest that you go to Flash Drives in stead of the SM Card. Maximum, the SM Card will only go to 128MB. Vocal samples will take up a lot of memory on the card,so the Flash Drive (USB) would be “better”.

Vocals will be stored in volatile memory and when you power down, it will disappear. Once you have recorded your vocals you must Save it to the Flash Drive (an ALL File is safest).

The MEK chips will allow you to “do” the Vocals in the ES. Without them, what you record in Vocals ("Samples")will be very limited.
Hope this helps

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ smc data loss.
Next Topic:

Motif to ES conversion ››