mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "please help me i need to make music"

Posted on: January 13, 2009 @ 01:59 PM
borse63
Total Posts:  7
Joined  01-08-2009

motif xs and cubase
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
can anyone help me out
I need to setup the motif xs61 to cubase through a m audio fastrack pro interface I want to be able to record directly into cubase.ive downloaded all the drivers etc but i cant get the audio to record. Also I just purchased an mpd32 and I’m wondering if I can also use that in cubase and if so is it possible to trigger the sounds from cubase or would i need another program like live or kontact?Id rather not purchase another program and simply use the sounds from the keyboard and new samples i make myself.Can i chop and add effects to my samples in cubase ai4?and trigger them?The main thing though is just getting all these things to run correctly.motif to audio interface to a macbook computer and also mpd.and be able to record..thanks for anyone that can help

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 14, 2009 @ 04:42 AM
Wellie
Total Posts:  6215
Joined  05-09-2003

Re: please help me i need to make music

OK, so you have two things initially to set up and make sure they are functional.

1 XS - are you using the latest Yamaha USB -Midi driver? or are you connecting via the midi ports? Whichever, do you see MIDI activity in Cubase?
If not then the first thing to sort out is your MIDI ins and outs and make sure that they are set up right in Cubase.

2 Your Fastrack pro - this is connected via USB and you have downloaded the drivers and let’s assume for now that the device is functioning.
In Cubase, you need to go to device setup, audio, and make sure you choose the ASIO driver for the Fastrack - I don’t know how this might be labelled in your choices, maybe MAudio ASIO or similar.
With this driver selected, you now need to plug something into your fastracks audio inputs - so take 2 jack to jack leads and plug the audio outs of your XS to the audio ins of the fastrack. If all is working you should now have signal in Cubase.

The MPD32 is a controller which you can use to trigger stuff, but get your basic setup sorted first. You can route its MIDI out either via the XS or Via the MIDI connections of the Fastrack.

Hope this helps - post back if you need more specifics, but you may need to supply more specific info too about what settings you alreday have.

Cheers

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 15, 2009 @ 12:58 PM
borse63
Total Posts:  7
Joined  01-08-2009

Re: please help me i need to make music

Dave
thank you so much for the help.
heres a couple more questions sorry I just want everything up and running so I can start making music.

I have the motif xs midi out into the fastrack midi in
and the motif xs midi in into the fastrack midi out
I dont think i need both these connections but im not sure..

I can see midi action in cubase but when i play it bk it doesnt work well.

I basically wanna record audio!!! I have the interace hooked up correctly and can hear the music through the interface to my speakers.I just want to be able to play and record and play it bk..I dunno what ports In cubase must be active.The main reason is cause all the settings are now alittle different cause of the audio interface.

when I setup a new cubase is there a special track mode I need to be in or can i use an empty track?

also I cannot sync the studio manager/editor to my keyboard for some reason and I ve tried 100 different ways and read all the directions.I have the keyboard connected via ethernet/usb cable to the computer and also the fastrack usb connected and the midi on the keyboard set to usb but it still wont sync.I want to be able to control cubase from my keyboard.I even tried to do the recall sync but it wont work.When i go to setup it either says time out error or fireware error.

The mpd I wanna use to control the sounds on the motif xs also do i have to setup the midi cable also.and do I need to set the midi clocks somehow?Im guessing the motif would be the main and the mpd the slave but how do i do this?I also want to use it to chop audio samples in cubase can i trigger these samples also?

any help would be great and thanks so much.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ I have a hickup in my mLAN setup...
Next Topic:

SteinbergUsers ››