mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "smc data loss."

Posted on: January 13, 2009 @ 11:49 AM
sstee
Total Posts:  0
Joined  12-23-2006

ok guys , i tried to format the usb , but instead did the smc and now all music over past 3 years has gone, and no i was stupid enough to forget the back up,is there anyway i can get the smc recovered? if anybodys watching this BACK UP YR STUFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DO IT !!!!!! or u may be feeling very panicky one day. if anyone knows do tell???  steve

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 13, 2009 @ 04:15 PM
TheDukester
Total Posts:  3345
Joined  01-18-2003

Re: smc data loss.

Boy does that suck big time!!!!! I made a similar mistake recently accidently “formating” my USB and lost all the data on it. HOWEVER......

You only make that mistake ONCE (hopefully). I not only back up with another Flash(well...actually two) but also have it in a folder in my computer.

Sorry...but I have never heard of a way to recover lost data. What Voices and Performances you had will probably still be in the system. Patterns,Songs, Samples...they are in that “Black Hole”....the “Worm Hole”...the Abyss.

Suggest that you load up what you “do” have right away and “try” to recover what you lost piece by piece, process by process. THIS TIME....

BACK IT UP YOUR WORK either on another Card, Flash, Computer or ALL OF THE ABOVE.

Damn that sucks!!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 13, 2009 @ 07:26 PM
DavePolich
Total Posts:  6820
Joined  07-27-2002

Yep, as Dukester said - your data is toast.

Always back up, regularly - to multiple destinations, too (CD/DVD, and separate drives).

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 13, 2009 @ 10:59 PM
sciuriware
Total Posts:  9999
Joined  08-18-2003

Yes, very stupid, agreed, but .... now that you still have in your head
what’s lost, as quickly as possible record it in a few sequencer songs
so that you don’t lose more than that.

And, make your backups as ALL files to a USB device,
so that you can keep things on your computer or even on CD.

My sincere condolences, what you make is you.

;JOOP!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 14, 2009 @ 05:40 AM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007

Sorry to hear about your data loss. Several years ago I lost some of my data saved on floppy disks and than I learned this:
YOU SHOULD ALWAYS DO YOUR BACKUP!!!
I did mine every (yes, every!!) day. And those things that are really important for me (like my PhD for instance) I keep on at least two CD’s, home computer and laptop and USB disk that I used for backup. Maybe for someone it looks silly and not important, but beleive me, you would not like to fill like guy who lost his past 3 years work.

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Use a keyboard to control my Motif es with MIDI?
Next Topic:

Motif to ES conversion ››