mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Use a keyboard to control my Motif es with MIDI?"

Posted on: January 13, 2009 @ 10:33 AM
Carter_GameOva
Total Posts:  0
Joined  01-13-2009

Wud^ two of my keys are messed up on my board and until i get it fix i will like to connect my motif through midi to another board to play.

How do i do this what are the complete steps?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 13, 2009 @ 10:51 AM
TheDukester
Total Posts:  3345
Joined  01-18-2003

Re: Use a keyboard to control my Motif es with MIDI?

Not sure what you are saying,but the simplest way is MIDI OUT from the keyboard you want to “play” to MIDI IN in the keyboard you want to get the sounds/voices from.

The “out” keyboard MIDI Channel must match the “in” channel. From there you’re cool till you get the keys fixed.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 13, 2009 @ 11:57 AM
Carter_GameOva
Total Posts:  0
Joined  01-13-2009

Thanks. So you sayin once i correctly connect the boards, the board im using as a controller i will have to find the setting on it to specity what channel for the midi?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 13, 2009 @ 04:05 PM
TheDukester
Total Posts:  3345
Joined  01-18-2003

Not really understand “which you are going to do what”, I think it’s safe to assume that if it “does” have MIDI it will be on Channel 1 by default, so all you need to do is the keyboard you want to play (the working one) go MIDI OUT and the one that has the damage MIDI IN. You should be in business.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 14, 2009 @ 05:32 AM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007

Yes, you should find a settings for Global MIDI channel on your MIDI controller. If it is a multiple zone keyboard (like mine M-Audio Axiom), you chould set different MIDI channels to zones and play different sounds from ES.
Of course, you should be in Song or Pattern mode (or via Master) and than you could play up to 4 channels on ES while playing other on your MIDI keyboard. It is very usefull for live playing /forums/images/icons/smile.gif alt=.

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Aftertouch
Next Topic:

Motif to ES conversion ››