mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "It’s Official Cubase 5!"

Page 1 of 2
Posted on: January 13, 2009 @ 07:56 AM
vanillawafer
Total Posts:  126
Joined  07-01-2007

Yep, it’s official Cubase 5 will be shown at Winter NAMM!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 13, 2009 @ 09:11 AM
PeterG
Total Posts:  2052
Joined  01-30-2004

Re: It’s Official Cubase 5!

Official?  From Yamaha/Steinberg?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 13, 2009 @ 09:14 AM
vanillawafer
Joined  07-01-2007

Yeap, in a round about way.  Trust me, it’s official /forums/images/icons/smile.gif alt=

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 13, 2009 @ 09:20 AM
PeterG
Joined  01-30-2004

“Official” is when it is the subject of a formal press release, or at least a clear public statement from a senior executive.  Rumour is “in a roundabout way”.

Having said that you may well be right, and anyway there are only two more days to go.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 13, 2009 @ 09:45 AM
vanillawafer
Joined  07-01-2007

yeah, yeah, yeah, well it’s official take it or leave it /forums/images/icons/wink.gif alt= Just because something isn’t publicly announced doesn’t mean it’s not official.

Anyway, I’m just having a little fun with an advertisement that came out in Recording Magazine Feb issue.

Steinberg has a full page ad that says “Experience Innovation” and right below that is the number 5.

I’m calling that Official /forums/images/icons/wink.gif alt=

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 13, 2009 @ 10:17 AM
kingbooger
Total Posts:  28
Joined  09-16-2006

If this is true, I’m glad I didn’t buy 4 yet.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 13, 2009 @ 06:47 PM
vanillawafer
Joined  07-01-2007

http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/4360/firstcubase5adij8.jpg

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 13, 2009 @ 10:28 PM
TheDukester
Total Posts:  3345
Joined  01-18-2003

Having been a Yamaha user for “a while”, I have learned that they are very “closed mouth” when it comes to “advance notices”. I was on the phone with Steinberg last week and the consultant gave me an “encrypted response” to my inquiry on C-Base 4. It was the type I have heard before on different gear,hardware or software, when it was near to being released.
I can only “spectulate”,but ......hmmmmm.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 14, 2009 @ 10:07 AM
frankE
Total Posts:  5350
Joined  12-23-2002

We all know that Cubase 5 will be announced at some point in the near future, probably at NAMM. But it’s release has NOT yet been announced “officially”, nor do we know what the announcement will state one way or the other when it does come. For example, Spectrasonics announced Omnisphere several months before it was ready or released. So suggesting that a magazine ad means it’s “official” or possibly assuming that it’s ready for release now is only speculative and leads nowhere. It will be announced when Steinberg is ready, and details will be provided as to when one might actually expect to receive the product. Based on past experience it could even be a good few months after the release before anyone sees it even if it is ready....especially if one lives in certain countries. Then there will be the stability and compatibility issues to consider that it seems every new release brings. So I wouldn’t get too excited over the number “5” just yet. Suggest, that at this time, focusing on your music and what you have to work with now might be more productive? /forums/images/icons/smile.gif alt= ...............frank

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 14, 2009 @ 10:22 AM
dorremifasol
Total Posts:  1534
Joined  10-17-2005

http://www.kohanjong.com/cubase5_1.jpg

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 14, 2009 @ 11:45 AM
frankE
Total Posts:  5350
Joined  12-23-2002

Thanks, Albert. I saw similar images recently, but didn’t consider posting them. In any case, looks like some major updates to the GUI, which I might suggest was LONG overdue. However, it has been 2.5 years since C4 was first released so the appearance of the current version is understandable. Can’t comment on any of the new plug-ins and features at present though /forums/images/icons/smile.gif alt= ..........frank

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 14, 2009 @ 02:45 PM
PeterG
Joined  01-30-2004

Info on attached… Image comes from a post on another forum. I could not vouch for its authenticity, although it looks genuine!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 14, 2009 @ 04:47 PM
michaeljoe
Total Posts:  1460
Joined  11-09-2004

Yep, it’s about time for it.  I bought SL3 and a month later Cubase4 was released.  I just upgraded to Cubase 4 about a month ago and here we go again.  Sounds about right /forums/images/icons/smile.gif alt=

It is interesting… There is a lot of grumbling on cubase.net about the DSP effects on the MR816csx.  I won’t go into technical details, but one cannot hear the RevX reverb and channel strip on playback.  One of the solutions suggested by a Yamaha rep was a plug in version of the RevX that one could enable on playback.  I wonder if he might have been alluding to this Reverence convolution reverb.  Interesting....

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 14, 2009 @ 05:46 PM
vanillawafer
Joined  07-01-2007

yeah, yeah, yeah Frank, it all in good fun, damn you people are all up tight.

“focusing on your music and what you have to work with now might be more productive?”

Practice what you preach, obviously if you’re in here posting you’re not focusing on your music either.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 14, 2009 @ 06:08 PM
michaeljoe
Total Posts:  1460
Joined  11-09-2004

Vanillawafer,
Chill out man!  Frank has helped more than a few of us here over the years.  He’s a good guy and that ain’t cool.  You know exactly the point he was trying to make and it’s a good one.  I haven’t seen you taking your time to help a newbie set up his new home studio or help guys make other gear decisions, etc.  Until then, I’d keep my trap shut.../forums/images/icons/wink.gif alt=

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 14, 2009 @ 06:12 PM
vanillawafer
Joined  07-01-2007

Great post michaeljoe.  I’m pretty sure Frank can handle it and doesn’t need your input.  But mighty strong of you to flex some virtual muscle /forums/images/icons/smile.gif alt=

[ Ignore ]  

Page 1 of 2

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Remote Control Implementation Bug In AI4?
Next Topic:

SteinbergUsers ››