mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Stereo voice"

Posted on: January 13, 2009 @ 06:08 AM
houtbay9
Total Posts:  0
Joined  12-14-2004

Hi
Is is possible to “widen” the stereo effect of a voice, for example Acoustic Piano.
I have an ES8

Many thanks
Louis

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 14, 2009 @ 03:32 PM
PeterS
Total Posts:  1291
Joined  09-12-2002

Re: Stereo voice

Multi band compression on the Master effects adds a certain dimension to voices. It could be percieved as a wider stereo field, and also it seems to affect the reverb. Experiment with it but don’t go too low on the threshold. Use the Master Effects button to A/B it with & without.

There is also the Amp Scaling Pan. This works great on a mono wave. It actually gives you a stereo field on a mono voice. Some have called it a “fake” stereo, and technically this might be true, but I actually like it. It gives a very distinct panning position for each individual note. For every note you hit incrimentally going up the keyboard, it has a specific pan position that moves to the right. And as you go down the keys it goes to the left. At the exteme setting of +63 you will get the widest effect. For a more realistic stereo sound (2 mics at the opposite end of a piano soundboard) probably some where around +32 would work a little better.

I have never tried this on a stereo piano before, but I am sure it will have some effect. Go to Edit on your voice...choose the element you want to edit (it probably will work best by doing this to every active element). Hit F4 (Amp)...then SF1 (Level/Pan)… cursor over Scaling Pan and start with raising the level to +63. If you go to -63 it reverses the effect. In other words your high notes will pan left and your low notes will pan right.

Pete

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 14, 2009 @ 04:19 PM
tmg1968
Total Posts:  0
Joined  11-20-2004

Re: Stereo voice

PeterS,

Yes, you can use the Scale Panning parameter. This is more effective on mono samples, but you can still use this parameter for stereo samples as well. A negative value will pan the sample to the left whilst a positive value will pan the sample to the right. Give it a try!

-Terry

[ Ignore ]