mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Output of Motif"

Posted on: January 13, 2009 @ 02:14 AM
alesis
Total Posts:  200
Joined  03-12-2005

How can I assign 1 of the assignable outputs ( L or R) to an amp? The issue is I want to hear the midi sounds when I am recording and don’t want to use the phones jack for that.

Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 13, 2009 @ 03:36 AM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007

Re: Output of Motif

I’m not sure that I completely understand your issue, but I suppose that you want to hear separate instrument while recording? If yes, you should do this:

[SONG] / Song selection / [MIXING] / [EDIT] / Part selection / [F2] OUTPUT / [SF3] SELECT / OutputSel

then select asL or asR (Left or Right) assignable output.

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 13, 2009 @ 08:13 AM
BradWeber
Total Posts:  14986
Joined  07-26-2002

You should note that any parts that are being routed to the assignable outputs will not be present in the main mix (that which is sent to the Main L&R outputs - and the headphone outputs for that matter - of the Motif ES).

Just out of curiosity, why do you not want to use the headphone output to monitor the voices generated by the Motif ES while recording?

Regards,

Brad Weber /forums/images/icons/cool.gif alt=

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 13, 2009 @ 11:44 AM
alesis
Total Posts:  200
Joined  03-12-2005

Brad , I thought that using the assignables outputs was better but If you think that is better( I know that I can) on the phones jacks there’s no problem with me.I only want to hear the sounds of Motif, no more.

Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Changing from ES8 to ES7 Advice/Help??
Next Topic:

Motif to ES conversion ››