mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "making samples play to the end"

Posted on: January 12, 2009 @ 12:28 PM
dfibraio
Total Posts:  17
Joined  01-05-2004

OK. My setup is like this. I have some wave files I imported into the motif xs7 to do things like intros to songs I can’t recreate. I usually assign these samples to the low end of the keyboard. I am hitting the key and then holding the sustain pedal down so the sample runs through. but I know there is a way to hit and release the key and the sample will keep going until its end. That’s how drums samples work. Basically, I don’t want to hold down the sustain pedal to keep the sample going. currently I import wave files that I create on my computer into voice mode. Is this the right way to do this? Should I do this with a drum voice instead? If so, are there different parameters, as I have not seen anything that tells the sample to keep playing after key release. Some of these samples can be quite long as they are intros to songs or sound effects that I need to trigger.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 13, 2009 @ 06:22 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Re: making samples play to the end

“A Drum Kit Voice makes the perfect Voice to house any audio clips or loops that you might want to assign to a SONG or PATTERN. The reason is that you can place a different audio clip on each key and control it individually. Remember: audio in the Motif XS is always samples. The advantage of being samples is that you can turn them on and off conveniently with note-on/note-off events. This is ideal in a keyboard workstation – as the keys make very convenient on/off switches. Controlling audio loops in a drum kit means also you can apply useful things like ALTERNATE GROUPS, RECEIVE NOTE-OFF, and apply an AEG (Amplitude Envelope Generator) that will hold the sample indefinitely. If you have your audio clip KEY set so that it ignores Note-off (as most drum sounds do), and the AEG’s DECAY 2 TIME parameter is set to 127 (maximum) this will mean when you hit the key the audio clip begins playback and you will not have to hold the key down in order to make sound continue. It will automatically continue on its own until you hit another KEY in the same ALTERNATE GROUP. That KEY could be the beginning of a new audio clip or it could be a “silent” Key. A silent key is a key with a blank waveform assigned to it – it simply is used in the same ALTERNATE GROUP as your other audio clips to end playback.

A Drum AEG is different from a Normal Voice’s AEG. The ATTACK TIME is how fast the level rises to full volume (Attack Level). DECAY1TIME is how fast it drops in volume to DECAY2LEVEL (which is fixed at 0). DECAY2TIME is how fast the signal dies away to zero. By definition all percussion sounds eventually die out.

DECAY2TIME can be any value between 0 and 126, or 127 (127 which would be equivalent to HOLD). For sample loops that you want to remain at the same volume indefinitely, set the Decay2Time = 127.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The above is taken from the Behind The Manual POWER USER POWER PACK tutorial: Drum Kit Loop Tutorial

Go to the Motif XS Home Page (link at the top of this page) and then go to Behind the Manual. The DRUM KIT LOOP TUTORIAL contains a PDF on how to do this, and it contains an ALL data file for examples, plus about 7MB of drum loops.

This tutorial covers how to use a Drum Kit Voice to house your audio clips and how to set the Drum KEY to ignore Receive Note Off

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 02, 2009 @ 09:47 PM
Total Posts:  60
Joined  12-08-2006

Is this possible with the ES6 ? ..please say “Yes”

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 03, 2009 @ 06:39 AM
JeffB1963
Total Posts:  71
Joined  12-06-2007

Yes it is possible on the ES8 (well at least it is on my ES6).

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 03, 2009 @ 07:03 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Okay. Yes.

see my post in this thread from years ago: Triggering samples from a drum kit Voice

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Saving drum kit with custom WAV
Next Topic:

Short tutorial on GM files ››