mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "A Question About VST’s"

Posted on: January 12, 2009 @ 09:12 AM
kingbooger
Total Posts:  28
Joined  09-16-2006

I was wondering if you are using a vst like Nexus 2, does every different sound count as a separate vst, or can you use countless tracks in one vst and it only counts as one vst? I’m sorry if I am being unclear. I only mention this because LE4 only allows 8 vst’s at once. Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 12, 2009 @ 09:28 AM
frankE
Total Posts:  5350
Joined  12-23-2002

Re: A Question About VST’s

Don’t know about Nexus specifically, but what you want to find out from the people who make the product is if it can load “multis”...i.e. several patches on different MIDI channels in one instance. If it can’t then you will have to load one instance for each ‘Voice’. Some plug-ins actually recommend that you use a single instance for each Voice as it gives better performance, while with others performance is slightly better with a few voices in one instance. So the answer is: don’t ask us....ask the people who supply Nexus! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif alt= Each plug-in has its own ‘best way’ of doing things. HTH...........frank

PS: It looks to me as if Nexus does NOT have multis, but requires a separate instance for each patch ("NEXUS2 is very frugal with the CPU and careful with your RAM. You can load multiple instances into your sequencer"), but do confirm with the manufacturer.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 12, 2009 @ 10:03 AM
kingbooger
Total Posts:  28
Joined  09-16-2006

Thanks frankE, I wasn’t sure how it all worked. I should be getting my interface and LE4 in a few days, so I’ll let you guys know how it goes. By the way, from what I have read, it doesn’t seem that LE4 has any VST’s to work with. I will probably just download some demo VST’s for now. Thanks again.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 12, 2009 @ 11:09 AM
frankE
Total Posts:  5350
Joined  12-23-2002

Yes, LE4 is a very “Lite and ‘limited’ Edition” as the name implies...that’s why it’s ‘free’, and it’s basically meant to act as an introduction to some of the features of the commercial versions of Cubase. You are encouraged to upgrade when funds become available, and you will eventually experience the limitations of the lite version as you work with it. I’ve attached a comparison chart that has been posted numerous times on this forum, so that you can compare Cubase versions. Please note that this chart was prepared before the most recent updates to Cubase were issued............frank

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Seeking help for cubase/VST/motif issues
Next Topic:

SteinbergUsers ››