mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif ES and a Mac"

Posted on: January 11, 2009 @ 02:10 PM
m-afshari
Total Posts:  290
Joined  01-28-2006

Hi,

Thanks to the info Brad gave I purchased a 9 to 6 pin firewire cable and connected my Motif ES to my Macbook pro. I downloaded the mLan software, Studio Manager, Voice Editor and the Multi part editor.

After reading the instructions I got mLan setup as I could hear the sound of my Macbook through my monitors connected to the ES. I was also able to use Garageband so the MIDI was setup ok too.

Now here are my questions… when I launch Studio Manager I only get the Voice and Multipart editor and not Garage Band? I cant recall my settings in my previous Windows laptops when I had Cubase..

My concern is can I use Garage Band to control my Motif ES? Does the Studio Manager get integrated? Will I be able to record or control my ES through Garageband? or I have to opt for something more pro like Logic?

Any other instruction or guides to setup ES and a Macbook would be beneficial.

Thanks in advance.
Mohammad

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 11, 2009 @ 08:39 PM
mustbthemix
Total Posts:  964
Joined  01-02-2004

Re: Motif ES and a Mac

Hi m-afshari:
In reference to your post, I’m not familiar with Garage Band as to it’s capabilities.
but as far as Studio Manager running inside of GB is not possible, the studio recall feature is only available with SQV.2 and Cubase.
even though you will lose the recall feature, it is still possible to run Studio Manager as separate a program outside of your sequencer. you will have to save your Multi- Part Editor settings separate from your sequencer saved settings.
I’m sure Bad Mister or Brad will chime in and elaborate more on this subject.

Here’s a link to help you further:

Link: [url=http://files2.keyfax.com/StudioConnectRecall.pdf]http://files2.keyfax.com/StudioConnectRecall.pdf [/url]

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 12, 2009 @ 01:25 PM
m-afshari
Joined  01-28-2006

Thanks for the info mustbethemix!

So you are saying studio manager does not work in Logic?

What options will I have with mLan and Logic?

Bad Mister / Brad appreciate your help on this topic /forums/images/icons/smile.gif alt=.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 12, 2009 @ 06:04 PM
mustbthemix
Total Posts:  964
Joined  01-02-2004

Hi m-afshari, as to your question:

So you are saying studio manager does not work in Logic?

What options will I have with mLan and Logic?

you wil run your sequencer ie.(Logic) as mormal, when you open Logic and create a new project or a existing one.
you will need to open Studio Manager outside of Logic, and when you are finish working on your project.
you will save your project in Logic, and then you will need to save your Studio Manager file as well, and you could name your file the same name you given your Logic project.
that way, it will be easier to locate.
post back if you need more help!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 13, 2009 @ 12:43 PM
m-afshari
Joined  01-28-2006

Thanks! If I can recall from my windows days.. am I able to reroute my ES audio through mLan into Logic? And then be able to record the audio input from mLan in Logic?

Regards,
Mohammad

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 14, 2009 @ 08:03 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

mLAN can work with any DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) that is capable of using an ASIO driver. Logic is certainly one of those DAWs

mLAN is simply going to handle your AUDIO and MIDI communication.

In the Motif ES Behind the Manual page you will find an article from 2004 Motif ES, mLAN16E and Logic Although it is 5 years old now you may still get some very useful information from it.

If it is too frightfully out of date /forums/images/icons/smile.gif alt=, post back and we’ll see if we can get someone to update the portions that need to be addressed.
Yikes: It still refers to Emagic /forums/images/icons/smile.gif alt= where did those 5 years go???

Let us know.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Firewire 800
Next Topic:

Motif to ES conversion ››