mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Don’t Stop Believing"

Posted on: January 10, 2009 @ 07:26 PM
estelle
Total Posts:  0
Joined  04-12-2007

Does anyone have any tips on emulating the CP70 intro? I have an S90es and a Motif es6. Since there are no CP70 waveforms for the es series, does anyone have any tweaking suggestions? If not, is there anywhere that CP70 samples could be purchased? Thanks in advance

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 10, 2009 @ 09:54 PM
DavePolich
Total Posts:  6820
Joined  07-27-2002

Re: Don’t Stop Believing

Actually, the ES has some CP voices. They are CP80’s - there was no difference in the sound between the CP70 and the CP80. The CP80 had 88 keys, and some additional tone/efx controls. That’s all.

On the ES, the voices are:

Pre 1: 022 (B06) HardCP80
Pre 1: 023 (B07) CP80&EP (layer of CP80 and electric piano)
Pre 1: 024 (B08) Yama EP’s (this is a layer of CP and other piano sounds).

You can also find CP voices in the DCP Productions library “Vintage Keys”, available for purchase and download in the “voice libraries” section of the motif mart on this website. You can listen to mp3 demos of the Vintge Keys sounds there.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 13, 2009 @ 07:56 AM
estelle
Joined  04-12-2007

Great! Thanks Dave. I think I was probably in the womb when the CPs were big so I didn’t realize that there wasn’t a big difference soundwise. Ü

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 13, 2009 @ 08:33 AM
Wastrel
Total Posts:  630
Joined  10-22-2004

Here’s a question for the historians. Back in the late ‘70s when the CPs were in their ascendancy I went to the NAMM show in Anaheim and Kawai had an electric grand in a soundproofed plexiglass booth in the middle of the floor. No one was around so I hopped on a played for quite a while. It was a *really* nice playing and sounding piano. I dimly recall (it was the ‘70s after all) that it came on the market later that year at a much higher price than the CP, which probably tanked it commercially. Anyone know more about this instrument?

Thanks,

Bob

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 13, 2009 @ 10:41 AM
Mofit
Total Posts:  910
Joined  04-22-2005

Isn’t it a CP layered with a real piano?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 13, 2009 @ 07:17 PM
DavePolich
Total Posts:  6820
Joined  07-27-2002

Bob - that was probably a Kawai Electric Grand you saw.

Hey the guys in that band photo look kinda familiar..:-).

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 14, 2009 @ 07:03 AM
Wastrel
Total Posts:  630
Joined  10-22-2004

Dave

Bob - that was probably a Kawai Electric Grand you saw.

I did a quick Google search, and I think it was the EP-308M. I remember being really impressed at the time.

Hey the guys in that band photo look kinda familiar..:-).

Public enemies #1-4 (photo is a still from surveillance video taken during a clandestine panty raid at the old folks home)

Bob

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 14, 2009 @ 03:02 PM
tmg1968
Joined  11-20-2004

Here is a video of Jeff Lorber playing the Kawai EP-308. It sounded every bit as good as Yamaha’s CP70/80 IMHO. Although i have always been partial towards Kawai when it comes to piano’s.

Terry
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tan8lE4DuDM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tan8lE4DuDM [/url]

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ 370 Megs Steinway Model L Piano
Next Topic:

Oh god help me! ››