mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Please Help - Motif XS"

Posted on: January 10, 2009 @ 06:44 PM
bigbrother55
Total Posts:  0
Joined  01-10-2009

I need a pattern I recorded on my Motif XS6 for a movie I am making.

I recorded the Pattern and saved it to my Kingston flash drive as a SMF (Standard Midi File). When I attempted to play the file, i found that all of the different voices I used on my Motif (Organ, Synth Lead, Drum, etc.) had all been turned into a default piano voice.

So when I played the file, all of my tracks played in the same default piano voice which made it sound very unpleasant.

I then went ahead and saved “All voices” to my Kingston Flash Drive. This showed up as a .XOP file which I am unfamiliar with and do not know what to do with it.

If anyone could explain this (rather quickly) I would be very grateful. I need to complete my movie by Friday.

Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 10, 2009 @ 07:03 PM
BradWeber
Total Posts:  14986
Joined  07-26-2002

Re: Please Help - Motif XS

In order to have the Motif XS sound in your movie, you will need to record the audio output of the XS. You can do this either by connecting the audio outputs of the XS to your computer’s sound card input or by resampling the audio output of the XS and then saving this as an *.wav or *.aif file, which can then be imported into your computer.

Resampling on the Motif XS requires that you have purchased and installed sample RAM in your Motif XS.

Let us know if you need further assitance.

Regards,

Brad Weber /forums/images/icons/cool.gif alt=

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 10, 2009 @ 09:23 PM
bigbrother55
Joined  01-10-2009

I am assuming that to record the pattern straight to the sound card you would need some sort of wire or connector. Correct?

If so, what kind of connector?

And also, i need would need to use a laptop since my keyboard and desktop are in different locations. So once the file is on my laptop, can I put that on my USB stick and upload it to my desktop?

Thanks again

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 10, 2009 @ 10:39 PM
BradWeber
Total Posts:  14986
Joined  07-26-2002

The connection you need to make between your XS and computer will depend on the computer’s sound card input. On the XS, you would connect to the Main L&R outputs (1/4 inch Unbalanced TS).

Having recorded into the computer, the software running on your computer will probably allow you to save the audio as an *.wav or *.aif file tht you can then copy to a USB device and then load it into your other computer.

Regards,

Brad Weber

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 10, 2009 @ 11:04 PM
bigbrother55
Joined  01-10-2009

wow. this is more complex than i thought. you are sure there is no simpler way?

do i need specific software when recording to computer?

Thanks once again

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 01, 2009 @ 06:25 AM
juantru
Total Posts:  38
Joined  04-24-2008

Maybe I can help,

I use a line in recorder, it’s really simple.

I record my song or pattern in the motif and then connect it using a L & R mono jacks (keyboard) to stereo jack (line in recorder) cable.

If you don’t have this cable, a simple jack to jack one can be used fron the headphones entry to the recorder.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 01, 2009 @ 07:23 AM
sciuriware
Total Posts:  9999
Joined  08-18-2003

I advice free software: AUDACITY.
It enables you to record for hours and you can cut, edit and fade your sound afterwards.

As hardware you can buy a simple external USB card (Creative)
that fits on any PC and is directly recognised and installed by Windows.

;JOOP!

P.S.: I attach a stable release of AUDACITY.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 01, 2009 @ 11:25 AM
juantru
Total Posts:  38
Joined  04-24-2008

SWEET! thanks for that!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ how do i get an audio file from the MO8
Next Topic:

smartmedia vs usb ››