mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Seeking help for cubase/VST/motif issues"

Posted on: January 10, 2009 @ 03:19 PM
flyby
Total Posts:  114
Joined  01-10-2009

Hi everyone,

I’ve been searching the forums (and all over the web) for some help regarding my brand new motif xs8 and a few plugins that I am having issues using.

I’m really new to the keyboard world and thus I might be a little in over my head with regard to my new system in addition to cubase ai 4.

My setup is like this :

I’m using the mlan connection from my motif to my computer (dell xps m1710 laptop) win xp etc..

My XS8 is all up to date with software etc…

I have headphone hooked up to the Motif (which are working fine)

I have a normal (dynamic) mic hooked up to the A/D in, to the motif, and that is also working fine. I’ve played around a lot with the vocoder etc (very cool I might add)

Everything works in terms of.. I can hear my voice over the mic via my headset.. I can hear my music that I play on the motif via my headsets, and I can hear all the sounds from my computer over my headsets (mp3’s, etc) but i’m having problems getting my VST plugins like autotune / speakerphone etc… to work work through my mic / motif setup.

My goal (if possible) is to be able to sing into my mic.. and hear the autotune effects live so that I can tweak them as needed.. but so far i can’t get them to work at all. The same goes for speakerphone etc..
I have no problems loading the VST’s as in.. I can see the programs inside cubase.. i just can’t apply their effects to anything. ie… i can see autotune’s interface.. I just can’t apply the effect.

I have no idea if I set up all the ports correctly, and if anyone has any (newby) instructions that would be great ! (pics work wonders too if it isn’t much trouble)

If anyone out there can help me i’d really appreciate it. I feel as if I have a million ideas with regard to song ideas, but i’m stuck on trying to get my plugin’s to work in realtime… thus i’ve spent the better part of the last week searching the internet / calling yamaha etc.. instead of working on my new amazing workstation haha.

Thanks in advance !

Flyby

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 11, 2009 @ 10:24 AM
Wellie
Total Posts:  6215
Joined  05-09-2003

Re: Seeking help for cubase/VST/motif issues

If I understand your setup properly then you are listening to your singing via the headphones of the XS.

In order to hear the VST effect of the autotune, you would need to route the mic from the XS to Cubase and then to the VST effect and back to the XS to be able to hear it.

The XS cannot run your VST effect - that is done in Cubase.

Now, I do not know if it is possible to do what you are asking. Have you been able to set up the routing I describe above?

Come on back

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Virtual Synths
Next Topic:

SteinbergUsers ››