mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "370 Megs Steinway Model L Piano"

Posted on: January 10, 2009 @ 03:14 PM
karlman23
Total Posts:  167
Joined  09-30-2007

There is a new voice library in the Motif Mart of a 370 mb Steinway Model L grand piano. That is a lot of megs for one voice. Must sound really good and very realistic!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 10, 2009 @ 05:53 PM
tcamp
Total Posts:  40
Joined  07-10-2006

Re: 370 Megs Steinway Model L Piano

Yes - looks interesting.  Any feedback from those who have the product and hands on experience greatly appreciated :-).

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 11, 2009 @ 08:17 AM
vanillawafer
Total Posts:  126
Joined  07-01-2007

Yes, anyone that has purchased this please report back.  I don’t want to drop $130 without hearing some user feedback.  The mp3 demo sounds good, but the demos on all piano libraries always sound good /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif alt= It’s the response to playing that is important.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 11, 2009 @ 02:01 PM
The Shank
Total Posts:  111
Joined  08-15-2005

I purchased it yesterday and am still putting it thru its paces.  I am VERY happy with it so far.  The first few patches are amazing.  The downside is, as you might expect, it takes a L-O-N-G time for it to load.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 12, 2009 @ 01:31 AM
AlphaHell
Total Posts:  135
Joined  11-08-2003

Heard the demo. My god who’s playin that stuff?? Amazing

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 12, 2009 @ 01:16 PM
vanillawafer
Total Posts:  126
Joined  07-01-2007

The computer.  Pretty sure it’s a MIDI file

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 12, 2009 @ 02:02 PM
Fedele
Total Posts:  0
Joined  09-18-2008

+1 on any feedback. I bought the K-sounds piano 2 recently which was kinda disappointing. It’s a matter of preference, of course, but the motif has much better out of the box.
The S700 downloads (xspand your world) are impressive but I’m looking for something more “real”.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 12, 2009 @ 02:53 PM
karlman23
Joined  09-30-2007

I have K-Sounds piano 1 and 2 for XS. I too was dissappointed with piano 2. But piano 1 is very good! The best sampled piano I’ve tried yet! Try it, you won’t be dissappointed.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 12, 2009 @ 04:15 PM
Fedele
Joined  09-18-2008

Thanks for the recomendation! I should’ve known better. The K-1 is the Steinway samples the K-2 is the Kawia. I would like to here about this one a little more before springing for the K-1. The best I’ve heard is the “Ivory” samples but its not reliable enough for live use, too much latency.
How would you compare the S700 samples to K1? or the Motif XS grand?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 12, 2009 @ 05:04 PM
karlman23
Joined  09-30-2007

I don’t care too much for the stock grand piano sound. The S700 is better. I don’t really like it for solo work. I use the bright S700 voice when I do use it. But if you want that real acoustic piano sound, then piano 1 is what you want. When I want to play solo piano that’s the one I use. It’s the most realistic piano voice I’ve played so far!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 17, 2009 @ 11:06 AM
Fedele
Joined  09-18-2008

Any more feedback on these samples?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 17, 2009 @ 01:12 PM
tuquoque
Total Posts:  563
Joined  08-15-2007

I have both K-sounds piano banks for my ES. I prefer KS-1 over KS-2. I use it every time when I just wanna play piano.

However, both K-sounds pianos have some ambience in them. Would be nice to have a dry Steinway in studio. Other than that, K-sounds 1 is very good and you won’t regret to buy it.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 19, 2009 @ 09:21 AM
dacuck
Total Posts:  19
Joined  12-21-2003

i also would like to hear more about the Model L ...!?

i have the K sounds , and i’m dissappointed ...

they do have to much ambience ... sounds like you’re sitting across the room ...  i want the sound as if i’m sitting at the piano ...

so far , i prefer my tweeked S700 sounds ...

i do have 1 combi with the S700 and a little of a Ksounds mixed in ... along with a couple soft pads ...

but i do want a more realistic piano sample ... it would be nice to have a couple more MP3 demos with the Model L that play a few different styles ..!!

users of the Model L please share your thoughts ...

thanks ;
Dave C.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 19, 2009 @ 11:10 AM
Digital Sound Factory
Total Posts:  4
Joined  10-27-2008

Hi All,

The Steinway Model L was recorded at Whip Records in Berkeley California. It’s a beautiful 1977 that has been very well maintained through its lifetime.  We recorded with four pairs of various microphones, but ended up using the close mic’ed Neumann U67’s.  The pair was angled slightly and offset between the longer bass strings and the shorter strings at the top. Pretty much classic recording position for grand pianos. There are three layers of pedal up and the XS effects resonator is used for pedal down. We will put together a few more demos and post them shortly. BTW, we offer a full refund guarantee if you are not satisfied.

Best Regards,

Tim

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 19, 2009 @ 01:26 PM
Fedele
Joined  09-18-2008

Money back guarentee? That might push me over the edge:)
wheres the fine print…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 21, 2009 @ 11:51 AM
ksounds
Total Posts:  670
Joined  05-06-2004

Thanks everyone for the thoughts on Piano 1 / Piano 2. I’m glad for the satisfaction some express from K-Sounds pianos, and I regret that a couple of you are not completely satisfied. If you have specific suggestions for improvement, you are welcome to email me or send me a private message here.

If you have purchased a K-Sounds piano and would prefer less ambience in the voices, please experiment with the bypass buttons for the system and/or insert effects. Most of my XS piano voices use the damper resonance effect (which adds ambience) as well as a small amount of reverb. You are welcome to change these and other settings. The samples themselves do not have much ambience. The pianos were close miked, giving a more intimate, less ambient sound than what you would hear when playing a real piano in person.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ New DCP Libraries for 2009
Next Topic:

Don’t Stop Believing ››