mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "how i can do this option"

Posted on: January 07, 2009 @ 02:13 PM
shergo
Total Posts:  35
Joined  09-19-2008

thought there is a difference between delete and erase measure
Ex: i want to erase any measure from 5 to 8 but when i erase it makes it empty
Ex: when erase event
001:1 : 000 - 255 : 2 000
and how can i control or manage this numbers of measure..

Thanks in advance

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 08, 2009 @ 09:12 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Re: how i can do this option

From a previous post (Motif ES… which is the same sequencer as the MO) .......................................

First, we will have to define the words so that the concepts are clear…

Learning any product (or anything for that matter) starts with the terminology of the product… once you clearly understand the terminology then you can express what you want to do - it does not mean that it is always possible but once you do understand how the terminology describes the product, you are in a better position to determine, for yourself, whether what you want to do is even remotely possible.

ERASE and DELETE although have similar meanings for some things, in the Motif ES and MO sequencer the words are used to mean quite different things.

ERASE - this is a function that removes the sequence data but leaves the measure structure in tact. So if you ERASE measure 10, the measures will all remain numbered as they were but the data in measure 10 will be removed creating a blank measure.

DELETE - this is a function that removes the measure structure. So if you were to DELETE measure 10, measure 11 would be re-numbered (10) and all subsequent measures would move forward to close ranks.

The ERASE function can be performed on any individual track or to all tracks… The DELETE function can only be performed on all tracks together. Why?… Because there is no time when logically you would have the violins playing measure 11 while everyone else was playing measure 10… ("logically", being the operative word here). In 99.999% of normal use cases, when you are removing musical measures you would be doing so for the entire ensemble - not just for certain instruments.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Workaround for a broken button?
Next Topic:

MO and Motif ES compatibility ››