mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Workaround for a broken button?"

Posted on: January 07, 2009 @ 11:35 AM
aigaki_love
Total Posts:  0
Joined  01-07-2009

Hi guys.

I bought a used MO6 a couple weeks ago. Found out that the ‘B’ button is broken. This is the button you would use to select ‘syn pad/choir’ in category search.

Now, whatever voices are in that category must be stored in the bank by number, and I suppose I could find them that way if I knew what I was looking for, but it would be nice to be able to get at them through category search, as category search seems to be the easiest way to find appropriate voices for whatever song you’re working on. Is there a workaround for getting at those voices through category search without using the ‘B’ button?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 09, 2009 @ 01:27 PM
Octaveman
Total Posts:  311
Joined  12-17-2005

Re: Workaround for a broken button?

My two Cents

Unless I bought this MO used, I would defiinitely return it to the place of purchase to be either replaced or repaired.

If I bought it used, I would try to find a dealer that might be able to repair it. It shouldn’t be difficult to repair.

Defective equipment drives me insane!

Octaveman

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 11, 2009 @ 03:37 PM
mojo_plasma
Joined  07-11-2006

This is just an idea to get you goin…
hopefully Jedi or Bad Mister will chime in with a really good idea…
...now i don’t have my board here right now and I am not overly familiar with it myself...in fact I came across this while checking the status of my own seekings of knowledge.

but if I where trying to audition the sounds in the B bank without a B button I would go through the MASTER bank (edit the sound it is pointing to) starting at A1 and have it point to the B banks this way when you heard one you liked you could immediately save it and not have to go through all this again…
then change to MASTER A2 and start over saving the ones you like as you go…
I think I am righ in this that the data wheel will quickly scroll through the sounds individually.
however like I said...I am not sure this is even in the ball park of being right...it is just a suggestion…
I am sure someone more savvy than I will be on soon to correct this if it is wrong
This is a great forum...with some top notch users on here…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 21, 2009 @ 12:52 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Is there a workaround for getting at those voices through category search without using the ‘B’ button?

Well, first, you can get your MO fixed. If a single button stopped working the first thing to try is a Moisture Free Dust Remover spray - one that is approved for computer keyboards and musical instruments. You may find that a quick blast and you’re back in business.

Until then, you can select sounds many different ways… use the DATA Wheel to advance through Voices. Use the [INC/YES] button to advance through Voices.

You can even use Category Search which is built into the MO Voice Editor… what a great opportunity to install the Studio Manager and MO Editors available from:
[url=http://www.yamahasynth.com/download/mo.html]http://www.yamahasynth.com/download/mo.html [/url]

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 08, 2009 @ 08:41 AM
aigaki_love
Joined  01-07-2009

Thanks for the replies, everyone! I’ll give some of these suggestions a try.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Recalling a voice saved to USB
Next Topic:

MO and Motif ES compatibility ››