mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif voices to computer???"

Posted on: January 06, 2009 @ 04:48 PM
skycolt
Total Posts:  0
Joined  11-05-2008

aside from recording straight from an audio interface,....is there a way to pull the voices (sounds) from the motif to the midi sequences already recorded by the motif on my computer.  I’m working in a software called fruity loops, and have figured out how to make the motif a midi controller, but like I said, I have absolutely no idea how or if I can pull the sounds from the motif and lay them on the midi sequence to make the tracks sound exactly the same as they are on the motif.  Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 07, 2009 @ 06:00 AM
Wellie
Total Posts:  6215
Joined  05-09-2003

Re: Motif voices to computer???

To get the sequence sounding like it does on the motif, you will need to capture the audio output of the motif.

Depending on waht you want to do, you could either capture the whole mix as a stereo track or record the audio one part at a time and re-mix the whole lot on your PC.

The best way to do this is by recording into software on your PC - can Fruity Loops handle audio in this fashion? If so you just need a competent soundcard - loads of USB options out there which offer plenty of value for not much money - look at the Yamaha stuff - it will delight you since it will also likely be bundled with a lite version of Cubase.

The only other option is to use the Motif to Resample your songs onto Smart media and then use that to import into your PC.
Its cheaper this way but probably more cumbersome.

Cheers

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Sync Motif with Triton
Next Topic:

Brad’s List: TOP MOTIF/MOTIF ES FORUM QUESTIONS ››