mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Vintage Keys"

Posted on: January 06, 2009 @ 03:43 PM
Brake4beer
Total Posts:  2
Joined  07-14-2007

I have purchased the Vintage Keys sounds and have them on a memory stick in the USB port on my S90ES.  They sound great with the exception of some of the clav patches.  On most of the clavinet patches, I get a short “whhp” sound when I release the key, regardless of how long I hold the key down.  Is there a setting in the S90ES I have that is causing this because I did not see any previous posts with this issue?

Thanks!

Dave (rookie)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 06, 2009 @ 03:53 PM
DavePolich
Total Posts:  6820
Joined  07-27-2002

Re: Vintage Keys

What you are hearing is a simulation of the “key-off” sound in some of the clav voices.  “Key-off” is what happens when you release a key. On a real clavinet, there is actually a lot of key-off or “release” sound, as the string (yes, it’s like a guitar string) is released from the keypluck grip.

The sound is intentional - you didn’t do anything “wrong” on your S90ES.

Experiment with the filter release level for each element in a clav voice where you find this is a problem for you. Lowering the final filter release level and increasing the filter time release parameter should help.

More info on extensive programming can be found in the “Sound Advice” DVD available at the motif mart, in the videos/dvd’s section.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 06, 2009 @ 04:11 PM
Brake4beer
Total Posts:  2
Joined  07-14-2007

Re: Vintage Keys

Thank you for the quick reply and explanation.  I do have the Sound Advice DVD which has been helpful.

Thanks again!

Dave

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ AXXE voices and Studio drums
Next Topic:

Boss CE-1 Chorus ››