mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Yamaha MW10 or Lexicon Omega?"

Posted on: January 05, 2009 @ 10:45 PM
kingbooger
Total Posts:  28
Joined  09-16-2006

I just recently took the plunge into computer recording and I need some sort of audio interface. I know that firewire is supposed to be better, but I don’t have the money to get into that. I was looking into getting the Lexicon Omega, but I noticed that Bad Mister mentioned the Yamaha MW10. I noticed that the MW10 does not have midi I/O on it. I have an MO6, so do I even need midi I/O? Will the MW10 function the same way as the Omega? I am looking to make a purchase in the next couple of days, so please help me out.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 06, 2009 @ 04:51 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Re: Yamaha MW10 or Lexicon Omega?

You are looking for an audio interface. You do not need a MIDI interface in the case of the MO since it has a built-in USB-MIDI interface which is preferable over standard 5-pin MIDI because you communicate with your computer on several simultaneous MIDI ports.

If you are going to be recording to a computer software sequencer the multi MIDI communication provided in the USB-MIDI connection allows you to communicate regular note-on, timing and controller data on Port 1 (16 channels) while at the same time using the REMOTE CONTROL functions that allow the MO to start/stop, arm tracks, mute/solo, control VSTis etc, within your software, and also connect an external device to your system (via the MO’s 5-pin jacks).

so an audio interface with MIDI jacks is not necessary as you have the MIDI connections that allow much more control functions built-in to your MO already.

For maximum control, you will connect the audio outputs to your Audio Interface and connet the MO directly to the computer via USB (for MIDI communication). The Audio Interface will also connect to the computer via USB but will carry a stereo audio signal.

Hope that helps.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 06, 2009 @ 07:52 AM
kingbooger
Joined  09-16-2006

Bad Mister, thanks for your reply. In your opinion, which audio interface would be better buy for me? The Omega or the MW10? Is the MW10 a true audio interface? Why is it not listed with other audio interfaces on music store websites? Will it do everything the Omega would do for me? Thanks again.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 06, 2009 @ 09:03 AM
kingbooger
Joined  09-16-2006

I have decided that since I don’t need midi inputs on my audio interface, that I am going to get the TC Electronic Konnekt 6. It is firewire, and after the rebate it’s only $180. Thanks Bad Mister for your help.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ GM sounds change after exporting Cubase MIDI file
Next Topic:

SteinbergUsers ››