mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "start up CD for Motif 8"

Posted on: January 05, 2009 @ 04:21 PM
skycolt
Total Posts:  0
Joined  11-05-2008

My father got me a Motif for Christmas, I love it.  Problem I am having is connecting to my computer.  I understand it should have come with a CD.  I do not have this CD, any help on this out there??

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 06, 2009 @ 08:51 AM
BradWeber
Total Posts:  14986
Joined  07-26-2002

Re: start up CD for Motif 8

There are two types of connections between your Motif (classic) and a computer - MIDI and AUDIO. In addition, for the MIDI connection you can use a “virtual” MIDI connection via USB or a hardwired MIDI connection.

The MIDI connection is used for controlling the Motif from the computer (via DAW software packages such as Sonar, Logic or Cubase) and for editing and managing voices, performances, song and pattern mixes and master settings from the computer. If you choose to use the standard hardwired MIDI connection, your computer must have a functional MIDI interface. Simply connect the MIDI OUT of your computer to the MIDI IN of the Motif and the MIDI IN of the computer to the MIDI OUT of the Motif. No additional software drivers need be installed on your computer.

If you wish to use the virtual MIDI (USB) connection, you need to download and install the Yamaha Generic USB/MIDI driver. It is available for download at the Generic USB/MIDI Driver page at yamahasynth.com . Once you have installed this driver, it is necessary to setup the Motif to communicate with the computer via its USB (virtual MIDI) interface. This is done by setting the MIDI IN/OUT parameter in the [UTILITY]-->[F5] MIDI-->[SF4] OTHER dialog to USB.

Having properly installed the USB/MIDI driver and connected the USB host interface of the Motif to an unused USB port on your computer, you will now have 8 (virtual) MIDI ports between the computer and the Motif. USB MIDI port 1 is the one which is used to communicate with the Motif’s internal tone generator and to communicate with it. The other ports can be used to control any PLG boards installed in your Motif and/or to communicate with other MIDI gear connected to the Motif.

The other possible connection between your Motif and computer is an audio interface. This interface allows you to process and/or record the audio output of the Motif and save the resulting music on your computer. Simply connect the Main L&R outputs of the Motif to your computer’s sound card input.

Additional software for the Motif Classic is available for download at the Motif Series Download page at yamahsynth.com . Be sure to download software for the Motif classic as this site also includes software for other members of the Motif Series.

I hope this is helpful. If you have further questions, don’t hesitate to post them up here.

Good Luck,

Brad Weber /forums/images/icons/cool.gif alt=

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ HELP!!!
Next Topic:

how do i get an audio file from the MO8 ››