mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "A little evening improvisation"

Posted on: January 05, 2009 @ 04:04 PM
gabriel m
Total Posts:  128
Joined  01-28-2007

Hi Guys,

Here comes another little song....

I wonder why it sound pretty cool in my synth and then when I create a wav file INSIDE my motif and then save it on a USB drive (and copy to my laptop harddrive) the quality drops significantly. The drums are much louder, there’s much treble, the base is too loud as well and it just sounds really crapy....

Can you suggest what to do in order to keep the same quality even when saving the song as a wav file, please?

Thanks as always for any comments.

Gabriel

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 05, 2009 @ 11:17 PM
BajaCapt
Total Posts:  326
Joined  03-25-2008

Re: A little evening improvisation

Groegaard,
This piece is simply beautiful…
I have a quick question for your, are the monitors or speakers for your laptop same as the ones you use with your Motif for your mixes? By what you saying in your post I imagine they are a different set. The mix is fine, I don’t think the treble is that high, I would bring the drums down a bit as well as the bass, not much tho..
It comes down to getting to know your monitors, same happened to me in my first mixes when my monitors were new. Try doing 2 or 3 wav files of the same song with a little lower bass and drums (since they seem to be the ones that sound a bit boosted in other speakers), they may not sound just like you want it at first with this lower level in those 2 instruments ( on your mixing monitors), but then you’ll find that it sounds great in other places, for example your car etc. Another thing is, listen to your mixes in as many places as you can, the purpose of this is to get to know your mixing monitors. Mark your CD’s with the actual level of gain in the sliders like “Bass 75, Drums 80” etc, see which one seems to agree better with regular speakers, after several mixes you’ll know your monitors real good!
Another thing to keep in mind that it seems a great thing to do to wait till the next morning to give your mix the final touches, with fresh ears, you’ll hear things in the morning that you might have not noticed in the pm, specially after being over a few hours working with the mix… Again, this piece sounds beautiful! Just bring the drums down a touch…
Thank you for sharing!
Jose.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 06, 2009 @ 03:11 AM
The Funk Master
Total Posts:  3686
Joined  11-26-2007

Beatutiful melodies you have going on in this track.
I agree, turn down the drum track, and add some low end to it as well, for this in itself, should even out the track.
You may want to bring up that piano main melody as well.

I like this music, thanks for sharing.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 06, 2009 @ 05:10 AM
dafingaz
Total Posts:  3350
Joined  07-13-2004

Very expressive. I did not find the drums overpowering. I actually like this mix. Thanks for sharing....

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Bert Smorenburg’s motive
Next Topic:

"Aqua" *DELETED* ››